Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

SEXY VENUE NEEDED FOR COCKTAIL PARTY

Hi eveyone,

I'm stuck. We are expecting to have about 50ppl come out for our wedding. We love the idea of having a cocktail party after the wedding.

My family and friends love to socialize and dance too. Ages range from 25-75. I think my older relatives party harder than the younger ones....LOL.

So I need suggestions on a venue to host the cocktail party. Want to do heavy appitizers and drinks. Room to dance is a must. I do have a DJ already.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: SEXY VENUE NEEDED FOR COCKTAIL PARTY

• Options
    lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What's your budget for venue rental/catering/alcohol?
  • Options
    yogiebhillyogiebhill member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

3000.00 is the budget.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    starryeyed77starryeyed77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, we are having ours at the House of Blues Foundation Room Patio (inside Mandlalay Bay) with cocktails and appetizers.  The minimum is $5000 but it has an awesome view of the strip.
    They do have the two room options with $2700 minimums each available and they let you customize your menu rather than $40/head or more like some places.  You can email them from the website and they will send you information and options.  I like their funky rock vibe. 

I did a lot of research and mostly for 50 people I found it to be above $3000 but I'm sure you can find somewhere there are so many options.
  • Options
    starryeyed77starryeyed77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, keep an eye out, most of the restaurants/bars add 18-20 perceent on top of the food and beverage cost for gratuity and/or service fees.  That can affect your budget as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_sexy-venue-needed-cocktail-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:23c5c3a4-92a7-48de-96de-4821db0533d3Post:eaaae74b-f916-46ec-a301-8efe3d37cd6a">Re: SEXY VENUE NEEDED FOR COCKTAIL PARTY</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, keep an eye out, most of the restaurants/bars add 18-20 perceent on top of the food and beverage cost for gratuity and/or service fees.  That can affect your budget as well.
    Posted by starryeyed77[/QUOTE]

This and don't forget to add tax as well. 8.1% So you actually only have about $2400. Which is $48 per person.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Should I just rent a suite instead and have Masterpiece Cusine do it?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think a suite and masterpiece would definitely get you a lot more bang for the buck or would you rather have a private area for the mingling and appetizers/drinks but a dance floor that's shared with the rest of the venue's guests?

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011

Would like the private area. Still want the cake cutting and toast too. Do you have a idea venue Vegasgroom?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't think of any private area with its own dance floor that would fit into your budget.  I think your best bet would to be a suite with Masterpiece Catering, though I get the sense that suites aren't super conducive to a ton of dancing. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards