Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Private Messages ~Tech Help!

So I have been lurking the past couple of months and have wanted to post/respond to a few things but to be honest I could not figure out this site!  I have read the FAQs from theknot, as well as some of the FAQs that you girls have put together (which are great) but I still can't seem to figure this site out.

I know that to view your Private Messages, you click on the link on the left navigation panel.  I know that to send someone a Private Message, you should be able to click on the link underneath their post.  However, whenever I do that, I am simply redirected to my own profile page.  Am I doing something wrong?  Or does it just take a few days after you set up your page to be able to use everything?

I'm sure I sound like a big idiot here - haha!!  But I do appreciate the help, especially because I am sure that I will be contacting several of you as I get more underway with actual planning details!!  Thanks :)

Re: Private Messages ~Tech Help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    As long as you're hitting the "Private Message" link below someone's post, you should be doing it correctly.  However, I just tried to do it on your post to test... and it says "User Not Found." Odd!

EDIT:  I just tried it on MY post and it worked fine.  How strange...
  • Options
    RachNRichRachNRich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some users have trouble sending PM's---it's a known glitch, and--unfortunately--I don't think (obviously) that they have it fixed yet. My only suggestion in the mean time is to page someone on whatever board you're on/they're on and ask them to PM you and explain you are having trouble starting PM's. 

We don't get email notifications anymore when we get PM's--so, this might help let whomever it is that you are PM'ing more aware of the PM anyways!

Sorry this sucks!---I'll pass along your PM troubles to KA! Laughing
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_private-messages-tech?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:264311ad-85be-40f4-b594-924a5a33d84dPost:2fa0c109-61f1-4c37-8e69-e96f0b8b09a4">Re: Private Messages ~Tech Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]As long as you're hitting the "Private Message" link below someone's post, you should be doing it correctly.  <strong>However, I just tried to do it on your post to test... and it says "User Not Found." </strong>Odd! EDIT:  I just tried it on MY post and it worked fine.  How strange...
    Posted by jenniferceline[/QUOTE]
    <div>I just tried to PM you, and this happened too---I'm not sure what the deal is!! So, my advice above kinda doesn't even apply.</div><div>
    </div><div>Are you super invested in your screen name? You could always try creating a new account to see if that would work...</div>
  • Options
    Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got this to when I tried to send you my website - I figured since you just had one post maybe you had already deleted your account. I would get a new sign in name and start again - I know it's a pain though.
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much girls, I'll give it a shot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok so I left my old account as is and created a new one (needed a new email address, etc) - - and as you can see...my previous posts have now changed and updated to the new screenname!  That's wierd since I didn't think that would happen, but whatev...

however it doesnt seem to have fixed the private message issue.

RachNRich - thank you for passing this info on to KA. 

I guess for now I'll just go back to my lurking :)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my goodness---how strange is that? I cannot believe it changed your SN from your original posts; I've never seen anything like it!
  • Options
    Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmmmm....that is very strange, but DON'T LURK! Come hang out with us
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_private-messages-tech?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:264311ad-85be-40f4-b594-924a5a33d84dPost:25f40b5a-f7e6-4e78-958e-40cc73d71dda">Re: Private Messages ~Tech Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hmmmmm....that is very strange, but DON'T LURK! Come hang out with us
    Posted by Sloane99[/QUOTE]
    Sloane is very wise---listen to her and come hang out with us!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha thanks girls.  i might start posting more now - i do already feel like I know all of you already.  :) 
  • Options
    Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good and welcome :) I will try sending you my link again
  • Options
    Knot JustineKnot Justine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi KellyTyler! Knot Annie asked me to work on your issue today. Can you please email me at jblanchard[at]theknot[dot]com? Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards