Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

NWR - Vent

So my 19 year old cousin who Im not close with is about 5 months pregnant. She has not job, lives with her grandparents (not on our side of the family) and smokes both cigarettes and pot openly. Anyways, she is super annoying and when I saw her yesterday she said "Im so fat" and I said "no, youre pregnant" cheerfully and then she said to me "at least I'll lose it fast cause Im not old like you'll be when you  have babies" and then she gave me this stupid smirk.

OMG I about smacked her. I wanted to say at least I'll be able to feed my children without food stamps/welfare or that at least I have a husband and a home for my future children but figured that would make me just a low as her. Ugh, what do you say to that?

Thanks for listening, I feel better :)
Charity
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: NWR - Vent

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Someone who smokes while pregnant deserves a punch in the face; I doubt I'd have any contact with her at all.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with VG.  I feel so bad for children who are born to parents like that.
    76 invited image 35 ready to partyimage 41 staying homeimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah she's a piece of work. She rationalized the smoking by sayis "I can only afford to smoke 4 cigarettes a day and pot on the weekends so it's not too bad" or "My mom smoked with me" or "At least she'll be a premie and I'll have easy labour". Seriously, how do you make someone who is so stupid understand?

She's my first cousins daughter...so I hope our genes arent anything alike!

Charity
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is exactly why babies should not be having babies... UGH I am so over this 16 and pregnant fad. Disgusting! I agree with VG She dersereve a punch in the face and she needs a swift kick in the ass to shape her up!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When I was still in college, I did some student work that involved me being in a neonatal ICU from time to time working on the computers, so I got to see daily what happens when mom's do drugs and smoke while pregnant.  Of course it was rare I got to see the moms since once they popped the kids out they tended to disappear.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I really only see her on major holidays, but we ended up at the same place for my 21 year old first cousin's bday (who is a sweet heart that's in nursing school). I dont see how people can be (or act) happy that she's having a child, it's so sad.

Agreed on the 16 and pregnant comment! Soooo done with it! I'm not against having children young, but fudge you should at least have a SO, a job and a home! It's just so selfish...sigh.

Charity
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    People like that infuriate me! Really? She needs a kick in the a$$ and to keep her legs closed..ugh.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_nwr-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:2b1558b9-dcbb-4d68-b550-160b6a8372b8Post:d23b29ea-42fd-457e-9c99-3a3d4fd34e8b">Re: NWR - Vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yuck, what a stank attitude.. and I've learned that people that ignorant will never understand and will only change if life hands them a full can of hard living.  And <strong>she may full well know that she isn't right, but may be deluding herself so she doesn't have to face the consequences of her bad choices (hence the substance abuse)</strong>. My advice?  Don't associate with her, and when you have to be brutally honest with her because you're not doing her any favors by biting your tongue. 
    Posted by empegues[/QUOTE]

Well said, Em.

This kind of thing is really sad. I think you can only hope that the baby is okay and that the mom will grow out of her bad habits and bad attitude once she matures. I would just try to set a good example for her.
  • Options
    mikkiwin8mikkiwin8 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How do people even get that kind of an attitude????? I knew someone who was pregnant and still smoking, I wasn't close with her but I asked her if she was going to quit. Her answer was "well i figure I'll quit after she's born bc you can't smoke in the hospital anyways"  REALLY???????? That kind of ignorance seriously exists?????? To even think I was asking on her behalf. I'm sorry you have to deal with that!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    People like that should be smacked. What a rude thing to say. But what's even worse is that she's pregnant and not only smoking cigarettes, but pot too. That disgusts me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm disgusted!! I HATE smoking to begin with.... That infuriates me! Babies having babies needs to stop!!! Has any of these kids heard of protection, it's not a new topic. She doesn't want to take care of that baby now, I can only imagine how life for that child will be later. It makes me sad because there are so many people who can't have kids and then you have people like this :-( ugh One more thing... Next time smack the bitch
  • Options
    pebbs_17pebbs_17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I would have smacked that smirk right off her face... if not physically, than verbally.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards