Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Vegas venues that ALLOW photography

Does anyone know of ANY venues/chapels in Las Vegas that will allow you to bring your own photographer?? I keep finding venues I like, but none that will let you use your own photographer. I've offered to pay a fee, whatever it takes. I just refuse to let someone I don't know and TRUST take pictures of my most important day.
Till Death Do Us Part or Gabriel Blows His Horn... Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

Re: Vegas venues that ALLOW photography

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Most strip resort chapels do not allow it, however, Caesars recently flip flopped and the most recent information I've heard is they're back to letting you pay a $200 outside vendor fee to use your own photog.

Most strip resorts, other than Venetian, don't care either way if you don't use their chapel; for example, restaurants, ball rooms, etc. are all fair ground for third party photography.  I got married in a restaurant at Mandalay where we also had the reception and it wasn't an issue.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm at caesars and they allow external photogs for a $200 fee. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     Artisan allow you to have your own photographer for free.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Platinum Hotel. :)
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Golden Nugget allows photography outside the chapel.  I am not getting married in the chapel as it only seats 45ish.  BUT my ceremony package includes a photog so I will have three for the ceremony and formals.

Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    joyfultodayjoyfultoday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if it's any consolation, my friend is a professional photographer and she lives in vegas.  I'd love for her to shoot our wedding but we're restricted at the Mandalay.

i talked her to her about it and she assured me that Cashman has a fantastic reputation and she guaranteed that i'd be happy with the results.

i'm arranging for her to do a pre-wedding shoot the day before because she is by far the best photography i know and i want to take advantage of being in the same city.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Flamingo Gazebo Chapel and can use my own photog for a $150 fee.
    76 invited image 35 ready to partyimage 41 staying homeimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_vegas-venues-allow-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:2be90920-1c2e-4486-aba0-4c826941953bPost:bd73d753-7b3f-4111-9432-9e499ee1b671">Re: Vegas venues that ALLOW photography</a>:
    [QUOTE]if it's any consolation, my friend is a professional photographer and she lives in vegas.  I'd love for her to shoot our wedding but we're restricted at the Mandalay. i talked her to her about it and she assured me that Cashman has a fantastic reputation and she <strong>guaranteed that i'd be happy with the results</strong>. i'm arranging for her to do a pre-wedding shoot the day before because she is by far the best photography i know and i want to take advantage of being in the same city.  :)
    Posted by joyfultoday[/QUOTE]

Their reviews typically range from satisfactory to great, but their pricing is why everyone has an issue with them.  The DVD of digital copies of your pictures runs around $800+ per hour of photography and the print prices if you just have them print them add up very quickly.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You are all sooo very helpful. I should have gotten on here when I first started the planning (AKA: Pure frustration!)
    Till Death Do Us Part or Gabriel Blows His Horn... Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • Options
    joyfultodayjoyfultoday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know the pricing is a bit outrageous but so is the pricing for a lot of things wedding related so I'm taking it all in stride. The amount I'm paying to have a decent bouquet at my wedding is criminal. :) In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_vegas-venues-allow-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:2be90920-1c2e-4486-aba0-4c826941953bPost:66f765ad-14ec-4d67-9e39-8deac56b1f1e">Re: Vegas venues that ALLOW photography</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vegas venues that ALLOW photography : Their reviews typically range from satisfactory to great, but their pricing is why everyone has an issue with them.  The DVD of digital copies of your pictures runs around $800+ per hour of photography and the print prices if you just have them print them add up very quickly.
    Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_vegas-venues-allow-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:2be90920-1c2e-4486-aba0-4c826941953bPost:c11298fa-fd59-4edf-a780-13440ee5e724">Re: Vegas venues that ALLOW photography</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know the pricing is a bit outrageous but so is the pricing for a lot of things wedding related so I'm taking it all in stride. The amount I'm paying to have a decent bouquet at my wedding is criminal. :) In Response to Re: Vegas venues that ALLOW photography :
    Posted by joyfultoday[/QUOTE]

I think VG's point is not only that they are expensive but also you don't HAVE to pay that much.  There are other options out there that allow you great photography, image rights and cost less.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The four seasons do and they dont charge extra, you actually have to use all your own vendors with them, I looked into them but their food menus are a bit pricey :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wasnt happy with my cashman photos, the hard sell (and guilt they put on you) or the pricing. If I could do it over I would have gone another route for the ceremony to be able to include a decent photog. The photos are good quality but the shot variety/angles/lighting ect werent satisfactory. You dont know who your photog will be, they could be new to photography like mine was, and that was/is a bummer. Plus our photog kept making jokes about chubby brides and thanking DH and I for keeping blue eyes on the map...seriously. Cashman gets a C- from me.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in the chapel at the Flamingo they let you have your own for a fee of $150.

easullins --- you will love the outside chapel at the flamingo its beautiful. I was going to book it but someone already booked it for the time i wanted on our date. ps we are getting married 4/14/12 :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker jimmyjessicawedding.weebly.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards