Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

day of wedding

hello everyone! I am getting married on June 25th in Vegas! I can't wait!  I am wondering what to do with my girls the day of the wedding.  Our ceremony isn't until 7:00 pm.  I was hoping to do something most people can afford and want to do.  Maybe like a free/cheap tour in the morning and a spa in the afternoon.  

And a quick side note, when should I get to a spa to be ready for the wedding in time?  The nightmares have already started... ha!

Re: day of wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is at 7:15 pm. The only thing I have planned is a brunch w/ my girlfriends/aunts & women of my family at 11:00am. My hair and makeup lady is showing up at 3:30 to get me ready & we are heading down to the chapel around 6:15. Hair &makeup said she likes 2 hours just be safe for just me. My MOH is doing her own hair/makeup.

I didn't want to plan a lot because I want to be relaxed and not hurrying around.

As for the spa, I'm getting a massage 2 days before my wedding bc there was a great weekday special, so I had to schedule it on a Mon-Thurs, and I'm getting my nails done w/ my MOH on friday when she gets into town.

HTH

• Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here was our schedule for the day:

11:30 Roller coaster at NY, NY
    12:00 "Rehearsal" lunch at the Vista Suite
    2:00 Getting ready in suite
    4:15 First look
    4:30 Photo tour on double-decker bus
    6:30 Back to hotel to freshen up
    7:30 Ceremony

We paid for the whole day, except for a couple of people who'd done the 3 attractions for $54 deal and included the roller coaster as one of those.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_day-of-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:2c6d8de2-dd8b-4933-b196-eb1c9b3fd11cPost:6296444c-a212-4136-93de-1343066aeade">Re: day of wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding is at 7:15 pm. The only thing I have planned is a brunch w/ my girlfriends/aunts & women of my family at 11:00am. My hair and makeup lady is showing up at 3:30 to get me ready & we are heading down to the chapel around 6:15. Hair &makeup said she likes 2 hours just be safe for just me. My MOH is doing her own hair/makeup. I didn't want to plan a lot because I want to be relaxed and not hurrying around. As for the spa, I'm getting a massage 2 days before my wedding bc there was a great weekday special, so I had to schedule it on a Mon-Thurs, and I'm getting my nails done w/ my MOH on friday when she gets into town. HTH        
    Posted by dvohnout[/QUOTE]

Are you getting your nails done in Vegas as I'm looking for some recommendations.  Thanks Mary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting my nails done at The Bath House which is the spa at TheHotel (other property at MB). It is super pricey! Like $100+ for mani/pedi, but I said screw it, it is my wedding weekend, and I deserve it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_day-of-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:2c6d8de2-dd8b-4933-b196-eb1c9b3fd11cPost:ce150644-8a0e-4a36-8295-588aebb7bf46">Re: day of wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am getting my nails done at The Bath House which is the spa at TheHotel (other property at MB). It is super pricey! Like $100+ for mani/pedi, but I said screw it, it is my wedding weekend, and I deserve it!

It's your wedding - do you need any other excuse to treat yourself lol !!
    Will have a look at their site as we are coming from Scotland to get married and I'm thinking about waiting until we arrive to have my nails done.
    Thanks again, Mary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's a good idea to treat yourselves the day of but try to relax as well.  My mom had her makeup started at 1030am & it was nice to sit around in some peace & quiet - even for Vegas!

As a bride, you're looking around 2hrs for both hair & makeup, also give enough time to get back to your room for pics in your dress.  You may be looking around 3hrs then.

Have fun!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    marylady-- The Bathhouse has a deal right now if you can make your appointment a Mon-Thurs. That will save you money, but I wanted to wait for my bff, so it was a friday for us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_day-of-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:2c6d8de2-dd8b-4933-b196-eb1c9b3fd11cPost:924cf473-f39f-487a-b39c-5b28066ed0c6">Re: day of wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]marylady-- The Bathhouse has a deal right now if you can make your appointment a Mon-Thurs. That will save you money, but I wanted to wait for my bff, so it was a friday for us.

Thanks for the info, will have a look at their site.  Mary x
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards