Nevada-Las Vegas

Scouting Trip Reviews- Hella Long. Part 1: Ceremony spots.

Just got back from a scouting trip to Vegas last week-- here are the (lengthy) reviews.

I have pictures AND walkthrough videos for almost all of these places, so if you want to check out a video or something, just PM me and I'd be happy to send you a link to my personal Shutterfly page where I posted them.

CEREMONY SPOTS//

Wynn
: Met with coordinator Becky Salvo, who was a complete doll.  Really sweet and knowledgable, gave us a walkthrough of the space (we were considering the Primrose Court outdoor garden thing) and showed us a ton of albums from recent weddings.  FI and I both got a really good vibe from her.  The wedding salon area is beautiful, and the Primrose Court is completely private.  My only concern was that, even though they said it could hold 100 people (we're expecting anywhere from 75-90ish), I think it would be super cramped out there if we had that many guests.  Other things I wasn't a huge fan of: a $750 outside photographer fee and the restriction on no outside floral at all (and their floral prices are through the roof).    They do have reasonable web-hosting packages, though, so if your guests can't make it you can webcast your ceremony for up to 60 days.

Caesars: Was less than impressed (no knock to Caesar's brides, though-- I've seen your ceremonies online and they're gorgeous!) with customer service.  My coordinator that I had emailed told me I didn't need to make an appointment to come by-- that I could just drop in and someone would show me around.  FI go up to the wedding center and walk in, there's a guy sitting at the reception desk who says, "Yes?" (in a tone as if we're bothering him) and doesn't even look up from his computer to address us.  I ask him if my coordinator is in, he says she's not.  I said, "oh, okay-- well, can you tell us how to get to the Venus/Juno gardens?"  Good customer service would have been to get his butt outta the seat and walk me over there to show me around (Caesar's is HUGE and confusing), but he gave me mediocre directions and said, "They MIGHT be open today.  They might be closed." 

Really?  You're going to send me all the way over there, by myself, and not even call someone to make sure I can actually see the place?  Pass.  That, and the grass in both gardens is actually Astroturf (not a huge deal to me, but FI didn't like it) and it's not completely private as pool guests can kind of "see through" the ivy walls and watch you.  Again, not a big deal to me, but FI is a private kinda person and doesn't want to get peered at while he says his vows. 

Mandalay Bay Valley of the Falls: My coordinator, Richelle, wasn't in but another girl named Jamie was really nice and walked us all the way over to VoTF so we could get a good sense of the space.  Fortunately, they had the chairs set up so I could see what it would really look like, and the space is really pretty and feels big-- 100 people could easily fit and it wouldn't feel cramped.  The only issue was that the falls are LOUD, but Jamie explanied that the minister is mic'd and they have a 4-speaker sound system set up.  That, and the falls actually mask the sound of traffic on the strip, which is nice.  Also a plus: the VoTF ceremony package includes ceremony decor like an aisle runner, rose petals, silk swag on the guard rails, and silk pomander thingies on the aisle seats.  And Richelle (my original coordinator) has been fantastic via email so far, so we're planning to go with VoTF.

Cili Restaurant at Bali Hai Golf Club:  Not a lot of brides have seen this one-- it's a country club adjacent to Mandalay Bay (literally a 3 minute drive from the MB parking lot, and it's right next to the "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign).  This place is GORGEOUS, and they do both ceremonies and receptions here that are both beautiful and really reasonable.  Seriously-- if you're interested at all, I can send you a video or pics, it's super pretty.  There is a ton of stuff included in their wedding package (DJ, food/beverage, linens, centerpieces, etc are all included!) and it seems to me like the best value I've seen so far for a group of our size.  My only issue here was that it's not "Vegas-y" enough for me-- it could be a beautiful county club in New York, Florida, or any other part of the US, but it doesn't scream Vegas.  Might be of interest to local brides or destination brides looking to escape the stereotypical Strip experience for a few hours for their wedding.

Next up, Part 2: Reception spots and miscellaneous vendors!

Re: Scouting Trip Reviews- Hella Long. Part 1: Ceremony spots.

• GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great reviews! I agree 100 people in the Primrose Courtyard is insane - no way would it comfortably hold that many. And yes, the Wynn's floral prices are outrageous (I'm talking $200 for a single candle in a jar) -- which is why we sadly nixed them and went with COF instead.

VoF looks great though! Looking forward to the rest of your reviews. Laughing
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • edited December 2011
    lsvensson -Great reviews, I am sending you a PM now
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hstaples4hstaples4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing! I just sent you a PM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic PersonalMilestone BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good reviews - For Bali Hai, did they say they can only do both a ceremony and reception there right?  Not just a ceremony?  Cause that's what I was told...
  • lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh weird!  Yeah, they can do ceremony and reception, and their space is set up in such a way that there's an easy flow from the ceremony space to the cocktail hour patio and back in to the reception space.  I have the Bali Hai/Cili wedding coordinator's contact info if anyone needs it...
  • edited December 2011
    LSVENSSON

I intend to have my ceremony at CP and to read that review didn't sit with me well.  I have been talking with someone over at CP who has been SO helpful and I have told her of your experience.  She is going to talk to a manager right away to make sure this does not happen again.  

I am the type of person who will express myself so if I get a bad experience I would want someone to know.  I hope you don't mind that I did that, but I felt that something needed to be done. 

I just thought I would let you know. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, that's fine!  I figure it helps their business in the longrun if they're alerted to it, and hopefully everyone will be able to get the great service from them that you've been getting!  Best of luck with your wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    Ive booked VOF im soooo glad ur review was good you have put my mind at ease! Im based in the UK so no way im able to do a scouting trip! One question is it cool as its shaded i was hoping it made it cool cause we are getting married in june!! Thanks
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think so-- it's kind of hard to tell because all of Vegas is a little chilly right now in general (when we went last week it was about maybe 60 or 65 degrees Farenheit), but it's definitely shaded and there's a breeze that runs through there so I think your guests should be okay for the short June ceremony. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!  This reception thing is going to driev me crazy.  *sigh* 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jccswljccswl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a CP bride and I'm glad I didn't have the same encounter with this man during the time I was planning. When we did one of our scouting trips, we met with Valerie, she was completely professional and nice and she went with us to show the chapels and the Garden. She answered our questions and concerns we had with the privacy and the pool noise with the Garden which we didn't notice the day of.

But I totally know what you're talking about with this man. When I was there in Dec., I had my hair done at Color Salon which is located at the end of the hall where all the chapels and the office are located. After my hair appt., I stopped by to see if Valerie was there and pick up a free Las Vegas bride magazine. The man (i'm sure it's the same one) there said, "Yes?" and I asked if they had an issue of the Vegas bride or if Valerie was there, and rudely said no without looking up and couldn't even knowledge me. No customer service at all. I'm glad he wasn't there when I got married or I would've tore him a new one if he spoke to me like that.
  • edited December 2011
    I can't find how I send a PM to you, but I'd love to see your video of Cili! I didn't know they could do weddings there. I'm bouncing between something Vegas-y and not. Right now my top pick is Lakeside Weddings since it's in our budget and outside and includes a CD of all the photog images. We can't get out there to do a scouting trip so someone else's perspective of the site helps tremendously!!! Thank you for posting this!!
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Ceremony Venue
    Outside in the Sunken Garden in front of the LeFer Hall
  • edited December 2011
    lsvensson - just sent you a PM
    76 invited image 35 ready to partyimage 41 staying homeimageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards