Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Need Advise- Honeymoon

Hi Knotties:

Lots of big things going on. Tomorrow is 4 months (16 weeks) til the big day! YIKES! We are finally thinking about the honeymoon. At first I wanted to scrap it, and take it during the December holiday, but FI talked sense into me and now we plan to go the Monday after the wedding.

Any advise on how others did this. Sounds a little overwhelming to pack that much. Should we leave from Vegas or come home and fly back out shortly after. Any tips would be awesome. Thanks!!

Re: Need Advise- Honeymoon

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We decided to fly out to Mexico from Vegas. We would have lost a day at the resort if we had flown home first. So we booked one way tickets. One way to LV, one way to Cancun, one way from Cancun to KC. This was the easist way for us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am dealing with this right now.  We fly to Vegas on Thursday morning and then  flying back to LA from Vegas on Sunday night and flying to Mexico on Monday morning.  Currently I have two bags to pack.  One large one for the week in Cancun and one carryon size for 3 nights in Vegas.  Essentially the plan is to be ready for the honeymoon before we leave for Vegas. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    went to Hawaii and stayed at Turtle Bay Resort for 10 days.
    we actually flew back home on a Monday and then left for Hawaii on Wednesday. so for the 48 hours we were home, we unpack our Vegas bags and packed our Hawaii bags. wrote/mailed out our thank you notes.

when were were in Hawaii, we did A LOT of explore because that's what DH and I have always done when traveling....our philosphy is that "you never know if you'll ever get to see the sights again, so do as much as you can and enjoy it" 
  • Options
    MisEstaMisEsta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We also booked one way flights from Vegas to Orlando, then back to Cali.

I'm just planning to pack light or pack half of what I would normally take because I know Im going to be shopping Laughing

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hstaples4hstaples4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using an Alaska Airlines companion ticket so we have to fly out of the same airport we flew in to, so we're renting a car in Las Vegas and driving to LA. Then the day after we get to LA we leave for our 7 day Mexican cruise then will drive back to Las Vegas to fly home. With airline tickets being $800+ to fly to Vegas and back theres no way we could afford to to fly home in-between wedding and honeymoon, I'll just have to pack very sensibly for the two and half weeks we're gone.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic PersonalMilestone BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  I think the one way tix will be the way to go. Packing will be tough, but as PPs say, I'll be doing some shopping.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     We are driving to Vegas from LA and then driving from Vegas to San Francisco and then flying back to LAX (spending 1 night at an airport hotel) then flying out to Hawaii for 9 days. We are just sucking it up and paying the excess baggage fees as we don't have the option of flying home before the honeymoon. We are also planning on sending a box home from Las Vegas with stuff we no longer need (like wedding clothes/partying clothes) and asking any relatives who are flying in and out of Vegas (and not going anywhere else like my mum) to carry any breakables/special items back with them.
    I have prepacked (since we are going into winter so no longer need the summer clothes) and so far I still have room in my suitcase. I figure no one but me will know how many times I have worn an outfit over the five weeks we away since we probably wont run into people we meet at other locations!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We got married on Saturday and left Vegas for our honeymoon on Monday.  We had the best man take back two bags for us so we could carry on for the honeymoon. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married on Sunday then fling back home on Monday ,Then Tuesday we are flying to Jamaica for 7 days.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're also leaving for the HM the day after. I booked jetblue one way tickets to LV and then multi destination tickets for the HM, LV-Bahamas-NYC. I plan on packing a smaller suitcase for the both of us and put it in a larger one to avoid paying for the sedcond checked bag on our way to Vegas. Not sure how likely it is that I can fit everything in one bag though....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards