Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Picky eater Groom... (reception ideas)

Hey,
My FI is very picky.. so no Italian or Mexican for him. Im looking for somewhere that has a nice varity but a good price. We are expecting about 50 people..

Thanks for your help!! :)

Re: Picky eater Groom... (reception ideas)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What budget?

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Im trying to stay at 50.00 pp if possible. Give or take a little.. I just dont know where to start.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, what kind of food does he like? Have you considered doing one of the buffets. Lots of choices for everyone. Many of the buffets have private dining areas.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Is that just $50pp for food or does it include beverages?

Maybe try Grand Lux or one of the steak houses? or as Lillmiss suggested a buffet?

• Options
    edited December 2011

Have you tried Joe's inside Caesers? I think they have options starting at $60/pp.

• Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

For Mexican I like El Segundo Sol and for Italian a lot of brides recommend Magiannos but I am having my reception dinner at Trevi Italian in the Forum shops.  Both offer options under $50 (El Segundo sol is closer to $30 I think) but of course this does not include alcohol.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My dad is a really picky eater, as well as a few members of our WP. We're having dinner at Bayside Buffet in MB so that there will be options for everyone. We're following it with an in-suite cocktail reception. There are so many options in Vegas. I'm sure you'll find something that will be perfect for you.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_picky-eater-groom-reception-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:32987409-7c50-4d42-915f-3a63e58c6770Post:c10c89cd-482c-4253-b1d1-4fa055652475">Re: Picky eater Groom... (reception ideas)</a>:
    [QUOTE]For Mexican I like El Segundo Sol and for Italian a lot of brides recommend Magiannos but I am having my reception dinner at Trevi Italian in the Forum shops.  Both offer options under $50 (El Segundo sol is closer to $30 I think) but of course this does not include alcohol.
    Posted by aegrish[/QUOTE]
    OP said no Italian or Mexican...
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I definitely vote buffet, pretty much every buffet in town should be doable for that price (depending on room rental fees).  I'm personally partial to the Paris, and they have some nice semi-private areas.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Ditto buffet or steakhouse.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_picky-eater-groom-reception-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:32987409-7c50-4d42-915f-3a63e58c6770Post:c10c89cd-482c-4253-b1d1-4fa055652475">Re: Picky eater Groom... (reception ideas)</a>:
    [QUOTE]For Mexican I like El Segundo Sol and for Italian a lot of brides recommend Magiannos but I am having my reception dinner at Trevi Italian in the Forum shops.  Both offer options under $50 (El Segundo sol is closer to $30 I think) but of course this does not include alcohol.
    Posted by aegrish[/QUOTE]

Sorry Read the OP wrong! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks you guys.. I will look in to buffets..
    What are some good steak houses?
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Joes Stone Crab & Smith & Wollensky are me and my FI's favorite and he is a HUGE steak fan.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_picky-eater-groom-reception-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:32987409-7c50-4d42-915f-3a63e58c6770Post:c46774bb-808c-4cc3-82eb-ddad8f386248">Re: Picky eater Groom... (reception ideas)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, what kind of food does he like? Have you considered doing one of the buffets. Lots of choices for everyone. Many of the buffets have private dining areas.
    Posted by LilMissScareAll[/QUOTE]

He likes steak, french fries, chicken, ect.. Really junk food.. 
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

as PP said Sounds like a Buffet may be your best bet

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards