Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

So...MY DRESS CAME IN!! (long)

When I called two days ago to see when my dress was going to be in, they said the end of July.  When I came home yesterday and checked my email, there was one from David's Bridal saying my dress had arrived!  Woo hoo!  I hauled ass to try it on:) 

Here is the kinda problem, a good one, but still makes me nervous!  I ordered the dress in the size I was when I tried it on since that size fit me like a glove then.  I knew I would lose weight before the wedding, but man I wish I would have ordered it a size smaller than I did.  It is at least a size too big now and I still have 10-13 more lbs to lose!  Ahhhhhh!   I mean freakn hell yeah on the weight loss, but I HAVE to lose the rest (looking good in wedding dress and bikini are two different things lol) and they said they could only take it down 2 sizes! 

Plus, I LOVED it when I tried it on and now it scares me that it looks like crap on me now:(  I am remaining calm by telling myself it will fit great with alterations.  I just hope I didn't screw myself by being to conservative when I ordered.  I don't want a baggy dress for my wedding!   Plus, I had to bring it home and can't get it altered until I have lost the rest of the weight which should be about mid August.  It's going to kill me not knowing how the final result will be until 2weeks before the wedding!

Did anyone else freak out when they tried on their dress again before alterations because of weight loss or otherwise?  Did it not look as good anymore?   Ok, I'm done whining!  Sorry so long!

Re: So...MY DRESS CAME IN!! (long)

• Options
    keana123keana123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ellenalabama!

OMG, First off congrats on the weight loss!

I will be in the same boat...we will be the baggy dress twins! I ordered my dress one size smaller and I have more than 20 more lbs to lose! I'm sure you will be fine 10-20 lbs is about one dress size so altering down two dress sizes should be fine. Dont worry abotu the alterations 2 weeks before, they do this stuff all the time, they'll make it happen.

Yay!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    10-13 pounds would probably only drop you down another dress size.  I wouldn't worry too much about it, though you might end up paying a lot in alterations.

The exact opposite happened to me when I tried my dress on for alterations, it did't fit because I had gained weight!  I lost about 15 pounds before the wedding, and it fit fine.

Congrats on the weight loss!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on getting your dress! I was going to ask you how the weight loss was coming :)   I think you should be fine, but ditto Olivea, you might end up paying a lot in alterations!

I'm glad you have a good dress story :)  I went to get my dress yesterday and the dumb store shipped it to my home by mistake! I'm hoping for only hem alterations!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    First off...YAY!! For dresses and weight loss!! I did the same thing I lost about 10-15lbs and when I went in the dress seemed fine and they worked on the hem (I had a corset back) Well fast fwd. to about 2 weeks to the wedding when I went to pick it up and try it on one last time....the seamstress got mad at me and said I had lost more weight (Which was not the case! I actually had gained about 5lbs back!) and that I better eat so that my dress fits ok! Talk about a downer for exercise motivation! Well everything ended up fine....I guess my point is.... Stay motivated and keep on the alterations people until YOU are happy with the results! :)
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    ellenalabamaellenalabama member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all!  Yay for us all losing weight and being hot mamas in our dresses!  Woot Woot!  I know I'm probably worrying for nothing I just don't want to have any surprises at the end!  You should have seen the look on the lady's face when I complained it wasn't tight enough on my butt!  Well, she was about 80 and I did say "I have a booty and I want to show it damn it!" Haha, so maybe that's why she looked at me weird!  lol (I know I'm super classy:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, way to go!

I haven't lost quite that much, but I have lost some... and my dress is too big  I hope to lose more, which is exactly why I haven't had a dress fitting yet! 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jennifer,

We are date twins and rocking the red shoe twins! lol   Maybe we will run into each other:)  Won't be quite as good as Stinker's girl with the same dress story, but we could have someone take a pic of us with our red shoes!  lol  Um btw, doesn't look like YOU need to lose ANY weight lady! 

Edit:  Oh, and we are almost down to double digits!!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_somy-dress-came-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:32bbc9c2-d231-4794-824f-ece395a141f5Post:86e57e54-58ab-4024-9ca7-97a5d9d4751d">Re: So...MY DRESS CAME IN!! (long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jennifer, We are date twins and rocking the red shoe twins! lol   Maybe we will run into each other:)  Won't be quite as good as <strong>Stinker's girl with the same dress story</strong>, but we could have someone take a pic of us with our red shoes!  lol  Um btw, doesn't look like YOU need to lose ANY weight lady!  Edit:  Oh, and we are almost down to double digits!!!!!
    Posted by ellenalabama[/QUOTE]
    OMG!! ellenalabama! I have to LOL about that otherwise I wanted to freak! but at least it was not on my way down like that poor bride.
    2011-2012 Races
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha to her!  You wore it first hehehe and looked better in it:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha! Thanks ellenalabama! Is it bad that when I got home I stalked the web casting to see her wedding?EmbarassedYES... know I have issues....but she either did not get married at MB or did not do web casting....
    2011-2012 Races
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's AWESOME news about your weight loss! I think you made the right choice about the dress....now you don't have to stress about the weight thing as much. Smile

I wish my progress was coming along better and faster.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on the weight loss.  Do not beat yourself up about ordering the dress in size you were when you ordered.  It is the smart thing to do and I am sure they will be able to alter it and it will look fabulous.  I considered ordering a size down and I am glad I didn't.  I hope to lose 10-20 pounds before the wedding but if I don't, I certainly don't want to stress about not having a dress :)
  • Options
    cinegradcinegrad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, congrats on the weight loss (can I be you?!).  You're right...it's a good problem to have.  From what I hear a good seamstress is worth her (or his?) weight in gold, so I bet they can still make you look great...even if you continue slimming down.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good for your girls and the weight loss.  I had hoped to loose some weight before the wedding but never did.  I just wanted to echo the fact that they can do almost anything with alternations so don't worry about timing, etc.  I didn't pick my dress up until the week we were leaving for Vegas but they got it all done.  My dress dilmena was that I hadn't noticed the ...uh....back fat situation when I picked it.  So when it came in and I tried it on I was less than thrilled.  Anyway,  the seamstress ended up making me a little shrug to wear.  It was perfect and matched exactly.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    congrats on the weight loss! The same thing happened to me too. The dress fit perfect when i ordered it then i lost 15lbs and of course the darn was wayyyy to big. And actually tuesday it came back from alterations and it fit perfect.  It's also from David's Bridal. So dont worry about the dress they'll make it look perfect! :)
    Good Luck
    Check out my Planning website!! 05/11/10 http://hollyandarron.webs.com/ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  You all have made me feel so much better!!!  I don't know what I would do without this boardLaughing
  • Options
    mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just remember...it is easier to take a dress in than it is to let it out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards