Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Wedding Dress Shopping in LV?

Hello!  I'm getting married in Massachusetts but will be out visiting my family in Vegas in a few weeks.  It's my only chance to go dress shopping with my Mom, sister-in-law, and aunt, so I'm trying to put together a list of salons to visit.  Looking on google, yelp, and the boards, I've put together a short list, but I would love feedback or other suggestions if any of you have been dress shopping in LV!  My budget is around $1K.  Thanks!

Couture Bride
Bridal Elegant
Celebrations
Adeline Bridal
Allyse's Bridal and Formal
Fantazia Bridal Boutique
Alfred Angelo

Re: Wedding Dress Shopping in LV?

• Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I purchased my dress at Celebrations, that was the only shop I went to.  Service was great, the ladies were extremely helpful and not pushy.  And they have lots of dresses under $1K.  Also, if you purchase your dress there their alterations are very reasonable.

We went looking at BM dresses at the Alfred Angelo in Henderson and I really didn't find them to be helpful at all.  They might be better if you're shopping for wedding dresses because of the whole commission thing, but the girl that helped us was a complete snob.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to celebrations to look at bridesmaid dresses and they were really helpful. I already had my wedding dress (bought in LA) but I thought they had really pretty dresses.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I'll definitely check out Celebrations!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Everywhere I went, my consultant was very nice, and not at all pushy. I may have just gotten lucky! Here are the stores I went to (in order):

1. David's Bridal (W. Sahara & Rancho) 
    2. Alfred Angelo (Henderson)
    >> What I like about DB & AA is you can try on almost any dress you see on the website, and they'll usually have your size. You can use their undergarments & shoes to try on dresses. You can take pictures, too.

3. Celebrations
    >>I brought pictures of dresses I liked with the style #. My consultant was helpful. I was just there during my lunch hour, and was able to try on 3 dresses in 45 min! *Note: no pictures allowed (unless you sneak them in the dressing room) I thought the dresses were of better quality than Alfred Angelo. 

4. Alysse's
    >> I believe this store started in Utah. If you're looking for a "modest" dress with sleeves, then you'll find them here. I didn't like the fabric, beadwork, or the fit. Personally, I thought it was priced too high for the quality...

5. Bowties Tux & Bridal
    >>This is a small shop connected to the Sunset Gardens wedding venue. They have a lot of the same designers as Celebrations does. This is where I ended up finding my dress. (Allure 8756 for $800 at 20% off) My consultant was the owner/manager(?) I ended up staying longer than expected, so she had the Seamstress (who is a dressmaker) help me try on dresses. Most of them were too small (I'm a size 14) :( 

I'm also short (5'2") They recommended I have it ordered in a shorter length from the company, because the details at the bottom of the dress would make hemming difficult. That cost me an extra $150. She said it would cost more for the store to hem it. I'm not sure if they were ripping me off  or not. :/ My dress is expected to come in this month.
    ---------------------
    I would recommend calling the stores to get an idea of their price ranges & to see if they have the styles you want to try on. When you go, bring pictures of dresses you like with the style #s. But, be open to trying on dresses the consultant suggests. But, if you're sure you won't like it, don't waste your time. Good Luck!
    Planning Bio

Dan + Amanda

Wedding Countdown Ticker

To be loved, be lovable
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Allyse's and was very happy with the price and quality...unfortunately the Henderson store closed (only the Utah stores are open now) a month after I bought my dress (and in turn my alterations are being done by a local seamstress who had worked with the shop). 

I have several friends who bought their gowns from Celebrations and my MOH bought her dress at the Alfred Angelo on Rainbow & Lake Mead (I believe those are the cross streets) and they got excellent treatment at that location.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at Adelines Bridal. There dresses are GORG.. Here are our wedding pictures:
    http://vegasphoto.blogspot.com/2010/07/meghan-wes-june-5-2010.html

my dress was a Maggie Sotterro and with alterations I spent 1,025.00 So it was reasonably. The store owner loves her job she is the alterations manager and the stylist.

I tired on dresses at Celebrations and like the staff, didn't like the selection of dresses. Davids Bridal is over used...UNLESS you get one when the Vera Wang for Davids Bridal comes out (I saw sneak peek...loved them)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards