Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Anyone fly WestJet with your dress?

Crunch time is here and I'm freaking out a little :)  Called westjet this morning to see what their policy is on carrying dresses on board.  She was not helpful - basically said it has to fit into a 21.5 inch x 9 inch x 15.5 inch bag.  There is no way it will fit.  Just curious if anyone had luck carrying it in a garment bag?

Re: Anyone fly WestJet with your dress?

• Options
    SunnyCanadianSunnyCanadian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I called Westjet customer service she said I could carry my dress in the garment bag the bridal store provided no prob. I said it was big and puffy. She said it would be okay. She was more concerned with me laying it properly in the overhead bins so that it wouldn't get crushed lol!

They better honor this when we board the plane or I will be PISSED!
    BFP #1 MM/C discovered at 8w2d, loss 11/18/11
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven
    BFP #2 7/7/12, EDD 3/14/13, stick baby stick!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    RachNRichRachNRich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't fly westjet---I can't even remember which airline we took...but, I did take my dress on. If you look at my sig, you can tell just how BIG it is. I knew the only way I'd get it on was to put it in a carry on bag---and that the only way it would fit there, was to put it in a Space Bag and suck the air out of it. I knew I was getting it pressed anyway when I got to Vegas---so, it didn't matter if it was wrinkled.

And? Worked perfectly!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    RachnRich - where did you buy the space bags from? Thats a good idea...
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    RachNRichRachNRich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got them from Target---not sure you have Targets in Canada---but, they sell them at most big chain stores (WalMart, KMart, Target...etc). It was $12 for two XL bags, so I put my crinoline in one and my dress in the other, and they both ended up fitting in a small carry-on size luggage :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Note to self: check Wal-mart. Thanks! (I wish we had Target, I love that place)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh SunnyCanadian you are so close now!!!  Can't wait to hear how it all goes.
  • Options
    keana123keana123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Space bags are great. Good call on that Rach.

Luckily this is one thing we dont have to worry about becuase we are driving. Soemthign tells me I will freak out anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards