Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

At home Celebration?

I was just curious how many of you had an at home celebration following you wedding? My origional plan was to just have about 30 close friends and family members to vegas and then have a big party for everyone else when we come home, and now we have about 60ppl comming out to Vegas, and i am just starting to think its to much. Just wondering what everyones thoughts were?

Re: At home Celebration?

• Options
    11Vegas711Vegas7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We aren't.  We had originally thought about it...but considering it will be november and COLD (in MN) and we wanted to do a BBQ casual gathering...that isn't really an option...plus MOST of the "very important" guests are coming to vegas....and since our budget started at 6 grand and is now at...oh, 12+ grand....well, we just aren't going to do it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing an at home reception. I think about 30 of our 80 invites will make it to Vegas so everyone is invited to a picnic when we get back. It is a little different for us as we and most of our guests are coming from overseas. The plan is to have an afternoon picnic (BBQ etc) in November after we get back from our honeymoon. We have a smallish budget but only becuase I am getting a great rate on a historical house site (I work for a local council which manages it) and using my contacts through work (we do a lot of events and functions) to get great prices on catering. We plan to play the wedding video on the side of a marquee (again free both the tent and AV equipment) and having games like cricket, football and croquet for people to play.

If everyone ends up coming I might just change my mind as there would be no point in having a second celebration.  If only a few do not come maybe a backyard BBQ?

I guess it would depend on how many people were invited to the wedding and couldnt make the trip!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am doing a full reception at home.  If you can afford it, and want it then do it.
  • Options
    tlbattagliatlbattaglia member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having one.  We have about 50 people coming to Vegas.  And then we're looking at having about 300 at the reception at home. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did one 3 months after our wedding, but honestly I was so done with wedding events by that time I wished we hadn't.  It was a casual barbeque and we had a great time but I just didn't have the desire left to make it a big deal.  It was more of an opportunity for my parents to invite a lot of there friends to come celebrate our marriage than anything else.  We had invited all our close friends to the wedding.  For those that couldn't come to the wedding, it was a chance for them to celebrate with us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine was planning one, but she had her baby early so I'm sure it's on the back burner. Which is fine with me. For the people that couldn't make it, I'd like to do something though, we might look into having a Christmas party this year and show the wedding video and photo albums.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having an at home BBQ (at my parents house) when we get back from our vegas wedding, about a month after. We are getting married at the Mandalay Bay Shark Reef and were only allowed 10 guests. We have to have a BBQ for everyone who isn't going to the wedding... I am excited about it because I will get to wear my wedding dress again!!! YAY! =)
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards