Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Will I lose my deposit? (also need advice from MB brides)

Hi, ladies :)

I put my deposit in for MB/VOF/Vista Suite about two weeks ago.  However, after reading all your helpful threads here, I'm considering switching from MB's catering to MC and canceling my package.  I have the Premier All-Inclusive, but I feel like I'm paying for things I really don't need (an extra hour of photography when we have a photog friend attending, limo ride, etc).  I'd rather spend that money on more important things.

If I decide to cancel my reception package (but keep the VOF ceremony package), do you think I'll lose my deposit?  My WC is sort of a ditz, so I'm nervous about asking her...

Also, was MC significantly cheaper than MB's catering?  Did you only use them for food then bring your own alcohol?

I wish I had seen all this sooner!!  Sorry for the mini-spazz :)

TIA :)
Cheryl

Re: Will I lose my deposit? (also need advice from MB brides)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you'd lose your deposit if you stick with MB and just change you package.  I'd call the chapel and ask though. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!  I will definitely check.

Love your pics - congrats!! :)
  • Options
    11Vegas711Vegas7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what MB catering price is but I would guess that MP Cuisine is cheaper...I was very impressed with their prices.  We weren't going to use them for the alcohol and they made us an offer that we couldn't refuse.  For 2 hrs of open bar service (with bartender) was only slightly more.  I was very impressed with their pricing.  And Scott is great to work with!  Good luck! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_will-lose-deposit-also-need-advice-mb-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:35873bdc-ab79-4ab5-bf57-f97545fd079ePost:a8829566-3dae-4b31-ad9d-f54bb13ef5b6">Re: Will I lose my deposit? (also need advice from MB brides)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know what MB catering price is but I would guess that MP Cuisine is cheaper...I was very impressed with their prices.  We weren't going to use them for the alcohol and they made us an offer that we couldn't refuse.  For 2 hrs of open bar service (with bartender) was only slightly more.  I was very impressed with their pricing.  And Scott is great to work with!  Good luck! :)
    Posted by 11Vegas7[/QUOTE]

Thank you!  Let me know what you think after the fact- early congratulations!!! :)
  • Options
    11Vegas711Vegas7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, I will!  I will post reviews shortly after the wedding. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards