Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Welcome Dinner Help

Dear me. This has surprisingly been the most difficult thing to organise so far. I am really struggling to find a suitable venue, and I have done a LOT of research.

We want somewhere fairly informal, but that still has the 'wow' factor a bit, as it will be our guests' first night ever in Vegas.

We will have 20-25 guests and we are not hosting, therefore we would like either a set menu so that our guests can budget, or somewhere reasonably priced (ie. under $50/head excluding drinks)

I was swaying towards Cheeseburger at PH, Kahunaville and Margaritaville but there are certain people in our group that I cannot imagine drinking brightly coloured cocktails out of plastic cups so put that idea on hold.

Then I looked at Tao, but I think that will be too expnsive, and the reviews I have read have been a bit hit or miss regarding the service and atmosphere.

The Wynn has some lovely restaurants but we want to do a set menu and they will not let us book without paying 50% deposit upfront (WTF?) - not doing a set menu puts it out of budget.

Firefly looks good but I am having my Hen Night there.

We are staying at the Encore hotel so somewhere down the North end of the Strip would be ideal, but to be honest it's got to the point where I am not fussy anymore!

Pleeease... any ideas?

www.mywedding.com/benandpetra

Re: Welcome Dinner Help

• Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about one of the buffets?  Some of them are really nice.  We really enjoyed the Rio's buffet, it's a little off-Strip but the food is great.

We took our guests to the Orleans for post-wedding lunch.  It wasn't really a "wow" factor, but at $8/person, we could afford to cover everyone.  (The food was quite good, it was just on the cheesy side.)  I'm pretty sure our guests appreciated the free meal more than they would have liked something fancy they had to pay for on their own.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Juliette52Juliette52 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our dinner reception (only 30ish people) at Trevi in the Caesar Shops.  I found it really affordable.  Michelle is awesome to work with as well!  She can maybe customize something for you. 
  • Options
    jccswljccswl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's a couple of restaurants I want to try at the Palazzo, Lavo which has outside dining that overlooks the strip, and Lagasse's Stadium. Check out the menus on both and see if that's what you're going for.
  • Options
    futurecoachkfuturecoachk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having our rehearsal dinner at ESPN Zone.  I think their pricing is very reasonable.
  • Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your suggestions! Somehow I missed Lavo, that looks ideal so I have emailed them for more details.
  • Options
    keana123keana123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Someone mentioned Isla Mexican Kitchen in T.I. it looks really cool and many people commented about the food being good. You cam also Maggiano's..assuming you arent having your reception there.
  • Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lavo need a 50% deposit also - I don't get it, we arent requiring any private room set-ups or even set menu, just a basic reservation!

I will look at the Rio and TI again.

Anyone eaten at Top of the World in Stratosphere?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We decided on the buffet at our hotel the Mirage.  For the wow factor after dinner we are inviting everyone up to our suite for a few drinks - hopefully it will have a fantastic view of the strip :)
  • Options
    jccswljccswl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_welcome-dinner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:373d5fe3-3cd6-4172-a926-7ea2c95e36aePost:fe9a9f8a-bbdc-45f6-a3af-9723b2a90a05">Re: Welcome Dinner Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lavo need a 50% deposit also - I don't get it, we arent requiring any private room set-ups or even set menu, just a basic reservation! I will look at the Rio and TI again. Anyone eaten at Top of the World in Stratosphere?
    Posted by Gribbles[/QUOTE]

That sucks about Lavo, I wanted to have a dinner party there for about 15, but I'm not sure if I want to put the deposit.

I've eaten at the Top of the World, and it's overpriced for the food they serve. I enjoyed the view more, and I guess that's the appeal to the place.
  • Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only contender I have found so far where you dont have to pay upfront is STACK in the Mirage.

I am going to email the Cheesecake Factory as well, although I wanted to steer away from the 'cafe' type setting.
  • Options
    neppy96neppy96 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are having a dinner the night before also that we are not hosting so I looked for places with resonable priced selections and that had a little bit of everything (food wise).  We decided on Hard Rock Cafe.  They have separate rooms or also patios and it is right on the strip.  It is in front of MGM which is where the wedding is so most of our guest are staying there.  If you go to there site you can get an email or phone for them so you can talk to someone in the "parties" department.  I emailed them Monday and she got back to me right away. 

We were out in Vegas a couple months ago an ate there and it was good food and service.  Also like I mentioned it is directly on the strip so I think that is a great WOW factor. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards