Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Confessions..... (come on in newbies & lurkers too!)

I always see this on E and recently saw a FB status that reminded me of it. I have always thought it was an interesting idea.

I confess that I have a mild case of road rage. I don't want to run over people, but I'm always pis$ed off by other drivers. I just want people to get out of my way.

Ok, your turn .....
Anniversary

Re: Confessions..... (come on in newbies & lurkers too!)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:3960dee0-a6e0-4a84-9490-60f8096ab8a0Post:5dfe32db-e14c-449e-8d1f-32a534e11ed0">Confessions.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I I confess that I have a mild case of road rage. I don't want to run over people, but I'm always pis$ed off by other drivers. I just want people to get out of my way. Ok, your turn .....
    Posted by ebonyivory10[/QUOTE]

Me too, except it's not mild! I seriously hate driving with a passion because I am in such a bad mood after. WHy wont people get out of my way!?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess....that I am very much a procrastinator! Ughh....I try to not be. But I am.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a temper... bad.
    I also don't like being cut off by drivers and the ones who weave in and out of traffic, or drive incrediby slow in the passing lane, and what is with using no turn signals???
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:3960dee0-a6e0-4a84-9490-60f8096ab8a0Post:a8acd42e-ce44-43db-98bc-32c50bca07f6">Re: Confessions.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a temper... bad. I also don't like being cut off by drivers and the ones who weave in and out of traffic, or drive incrediby slow in the passing lane, and <strong>what is with using no turn signals???
    </strong>Posted by pizzanfries4me[/QUOTE]
    Omg, seriously!!! 

Is there such a thing as bad driving manners? Because all that stuff you listed falls right into it!!  Ugghh ... I scoff when people say driving is relaxing. No effing way.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I absolutely can't stand driving.  My hobby/passion is auto racing and being on the road with people who can't drive makes me crazy after you get used to competing at 160 mph and knowing the others know what they're doing.  lol

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    So funny you brought this up today ebony,  I had a moment of road rage when I was following someone who was turning right onto a side street, slowed prior to the turn and then came to almost a dead stop mid turn, no reason why, no other car coming, just me about to rear end them because they couldn't follow through on their darn turn!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess that when I lay in bed unable to fall asleep I visualize what my future will look like ... wedding day, pregnancy, child's first day of school.  I get so excited about what's to come I end up just laying there dreaming. <3
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I witnessed 2 people run red lights the other day. Not almost red ... like red, red. Luckily no one was hurt. 

I didn't mean for this to be a thread about driving. haha
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    People here drive like absolute lunatics and I usually hate driving, but we've just bought a Mini Cooper and it's soooo much fun to drive!! So it makes me ignore the crazy people!

I confess that at the moment rude people are really driving me nuts!! I think I've just worked too long in customer service. Every other person I serve in work at the moment is just so rude, no pleases or thank yous, it really makes me want to be rude back, except if I did I'd get the sack!! Not fair!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    .....Driving... *shivers* .... I hate driving... >_< I get so mad and yell and scream.... but thats not my confession....

.... I am avoiding the whole wide world. Since my surgery and my miscarraige and my trouble at work and severe depression... I have been almost a hermit. Obsessing over wedding details that are 2 years away... Spending all of my days online... not sleeping well...

LIfe is easier and happier to deal with when I look at wedding junk and think about wedding stuff....its far enough away that its not stressful...its just dreamy and fun...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Confession -- It's official, I'm tired of living in Vegas!

Our dream is to move to Portland or Seattle, hopefully within the next five years or so.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:3960dee0-a6e0-4a84-9490-60f8096ab8a0Post:afb5282d-4533-465e-b102-e93e27ee8e8c">Re: Confessions..... (come on in newbies & lurkers too!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession -- It's official, I'm tired of living in Vegas! Our dream is to move to Portland or Seattle, hopefully within the next five years or so.
    Posted by impslave[/QUOTE]

PORTLAND!!! I just moved away from Portland and if I could go back I totally would! I am in California now and man...do I miss it! Its so close to Seattle but much more affordable. I didnt mind the 3 hour drive to visit Seattle...it was like a big fancy city romantic getaway.... Portland for the win!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    flyjawnflyjawn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    confession - i use wedding planning as a distraction from the fact that my SO is sick.  planning a wedding keeps me believing that he will be fine.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:3960dee0-a6e0-4a84-9490-60f8096ab8a0Post:94f64db6-af70-4a27-8d76-69b489896417">Re: Confessions..... (come on in newbies & lurkers too!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]confession - i use wedding planning as a distraction from the fact that my SO is sick.  planning a wedding keeps me believing that he will be fine.
    Posted by flyjawn[/QUOTE]

*nod* ... *hugs* ... I totally understand that.... thinking good thoughts for you and your SO.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw flyjawn prayers for you and your SO!!  Sometimes its easier to focus on something you actually have control on just as a coping method.  I hope that things turn around for your SO and bless you for being his strength!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Confession: I don't know why, but I am scared that no one will have fun at my wedding. I'm not a party type person and I am not confident that I know how to throw a big party :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Impslave: Seattle!!!!!  Althought within the next 5 years we might be in Colorado.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:3960dee0-a6e0-4a84-9490-60f8096ab8a0Post:075805db-e8e7-4c22-97db-865b3ffacd07">Re: Confessions..... (come on in newbies & lurkers too!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession: I don't know why, but I am scared that no one will have fun at my wedding. I'm not a party type person and I am not confident that I know how to throw a big party :(
    Posted by bearsfan[/QUOTE]

Bigtime DITTO!!
    I hope i get over this feeling soon...but I doubt I will.  I'm a nervous nellie.

I confess  -  I don't even have a license.  I'm a manhattanite.  I never drive.
  • Options
    pebbs_17pebbs_17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hate driving!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Confession: I HATE the Knot Australia. It is a sad excuse for a website! I am sooooo very happy that I found you guys! I dont even mind the E board when they are being really nasty! At least they have some personality and opinions!
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Hi,

I will keep flyjawn and punkrockprincess in my prayers!!

My confession, I too hate driving, especially those that don't use signals, don't know when to get out of the fast lane.  People that ask dumb questions in meetings at work that have already been answered, REALLY bothers me too!!

I am also afraid no one will have fun at my wedding cause I didn't plan something just right or I forgot to even do it.

Jolene
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you Jolene .... ^_^

Aww....ladies!! Everyone will love your weddings... if for no other reason than they get to see you happy...and second....you are in VEGAS!! How can someone not have fun in Vegas?

But really... I have never been to a wedding I didnt enjoy...they are there to share in your happiness ^_^
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also afraid people will not have a good time in Vegas and will blame me for it - I'm a nervous nellie too.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Add me to the list of worriers about guests having a good time. There's also a lot of people coming that we haven't seen in a while and I want to be sure they don't feel excluded and that we spend time with them. In some circumstances FI hasn't met them due to geography and I really want them to feel welcome.

I'm a terrible driver so feel free to direct your road rage this way. Luckily I know this and avoid driving whenever possible so I don't think that makes me near as bad as the people that claim to be good drivers and aren't, right?

2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was very worried about guests having a good time just because I had spent so much time planning an event that I wouldn't be at for so much time! Guests hang out before the wedding, during the wedding, and directly after the wedding and the bride is busy that whole time! I was so worried they wouldn't be having fun, and I wouldn't be able to do anything bc I wasn't there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess I have sent 2 things to KPS.  They have been pretty mild by comparison though LOL
    Anniversary
  • Options
    cinegradcinegrad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Confession (is good for the soul?)...I know that most of the guests on my side (and perhaps even some on FI's) have serious doubts about our chances because we're so very different (e.g., I'm very driven and he's, er, not) but are just coming to be supportive.  All the same, we're charging ahead anyway because we're convinced we can make a go of this.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My threads always die LOL
    Anniversary
  • Options
    cinegradcinegrad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Die?  28 responses seems pretty darn good these days.  I guess maybe there is such a thing as too *much* confession?  :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:3960dee0-a6e0-4a84-9490-60f8096ab8a0Post:1b5d8cbd-2fe5-4942-bb82-eb27e571fc84">Re: Confessions..... (come on in newbies & lurkers too!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Die?  28 responses seems pretty darn good these days.  I guess maybe there is such a thing as too *much* confession?  :-)
    Posted by cinegrad[/QUOTE]

<div><div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;color:#1f1f1f;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;text-align:left;line-height:normal;">True, I guess I'm being dramatic! LOL it's Friday night!<div>
    </div><div>Hey, will you go vote in my "pre-wedding dinner' thread?  I'd like more opinions to bounce around :)</div></div></div>
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards