Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Ceremony Program Wording

My mother unexpecidely passed away a few months ago. Our wedding is in October and I am trying to decide how to word the ceremony programs. 

We will be placing a vase with flowers on the alter in memory of my mother and will be putting a small note in the program that the flowers are to honor her. I dont want to do anything too sappy, as I dont want to reflect too much on her death, but I want to say something more that just "The flowers on the alter are in memory of..." 

Any suggestions?

Re: Ceremony Program Wording

• I wouldn't mention specifically that the flowers are in memory of your mom.  A wedding is a happy occaision and you don't want to bring up any sad feelings in your guests.  You will know what the flowers signify and that is what is important.

For our program we did:

We would like to remember with love those who have gone before us, but are with us in Spirit on this day, especially: then listed FIL and all of our grandaprents.

I'm sorry for your loss.
  • I am so so sorry for your loss. My fiancé and I are going through something similar. His mother passed away about 3 weeks ago, and we are getting married in a week. I haven't decided on the program wording yet, but I know I want to make a special mention of her in addition to the recognition of those who can't be with us in the program. I told the florist that we still want her corsage, and we will reserve a seat in the front for her and put her corsage on her chair with her picture on it. My coordinator suggested a memorial candle, but i don't like memorial candles (or even unity candles) because at the end of the ceremony, you haveto blow them out. HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards