Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Artisan Chapel?

Hi All,

So I am just starting to plan my Vegas wedding and first thing is first...finding the right chapel. The Artisan Hotel's chapel caught my eye, with it's red/gothic/artsy vibe. Has anyone held/been to a wedding here? Just wondering if it is as cool as it looks, or if it's sort of dumpy? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Tracy

Re: Artisan Chapel?

• Options
    edited December 2011

I just wanted to give you a heads up that the Artisan is having financial trouble. I know many gals on here have felt reassured that they are not closing, but it was too risky for FI and I and we found another location.

I don't want it to seem like I'm capping on the Artisan- I just want you to have all the info.

• Options
    edited December 2011

After read another Vegas knot reveiw .I took a second look at Atrisan then I spoke to Marie and fell in love with the garden decor and the packages . i am having my wedding in May of 2011 .

Happy Planning
  • Options
    tlj25tlj25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies...good to know both the pros and cons.
  • Options
    mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lots of ladies have had their weddings there...also, as of February, the Artisan had new owners. One of the recent brides said nothing had changed with her contract & wedding under the new owners.
    http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/news/2010/feb/17/five-reasons-return-artisan/
  • Options
    mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, look to the Vegas FAQ and Ron Miller's blog...a bride named Krista had beautiful pictures as she had her wedding there.
    Other than that, don't let people scare you off...too much rumor based on old information lately...my understanding is that The Artisan has been very forthcoming about answering brides questions regarding their status when they were in foreclosure proceedings, so I don't believe you have any worries.
  • Options
    tlj25tlj25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks. I appreciate the info and links. I am really interested in the place, love the aesthetics.

• Options
    mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oops. Her name was Christina! Lol. I've also noticed a link to my review is not on there, though it was once...how odd.Foot in mouth

Here is Christina's reviews: http://sites.google.com/site/christinaandrobertwedding/

I considered the Artisan myself...so I always notice when brides review them. All positive reviews, from the outdoor garden to the indoor chapel.
  • Options
    tlj25tlj25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No problem at all. Truly appreciate the helpful info. Decisions, decisions...it's so hard to choose being from out of state.
  • Options
    pebbs_17pebbs_17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The chapel is quite small.  I think they said it can seat 30.  I've seen it.  I don't think it can seat 30 unless people are crammed in.  If you plan on having a larger wedding, this might be a factor.
  • Options
    tlj25tlj25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh only 30 people? Yeah that would not work for me, as I am planning on 50-60 guests. Bummer!
  • Options
    TwinsRibTwinsRib member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I spoke with Maria (I think that was her name) she said they could sit up to 70 and accomodate up to 85-90, meaning 15-20 ppl will be standing...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know you like the chapel, however, I had my wedding in the garden at the Artisan and we had 27 seated very comfortably so I'm sure more could fit if needed. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She probably  meant the garden area for that # there is no that many would fit in the chapel. I have seen it in person and it is very small. Even in the garden they assured me that they could squeeze more than 80 in but I honestly think that 60 people is a very tight fit and they only do seating for 60 in the garden. I had booked for the Artisan for my March wedding but in December I cancelled because I was scared that our guests wouldn't fit and that the wedding party wouldn't fit. I am glad I did because we had over 90 people wedding party included. If I was having just a small wedding no more than maybe 40 then I would have def. stayed with the Artisan.
  • Options
    tlj25tlj25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks NIna, that is really helpful to know. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards