Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Bridal Shower Invite Timeline...

So our invites for our wedding are out!  We only invited close friends and family to the wedding in Vegas but will be inviting a substantially larger group (over 200) to our AHR in Indiana.  For my bridal shower, we are inviting a lot of people because there is going to be one big shower vs. multiple all over the U.S. showers.  The shower will have a mixture of wedding attendees and AHR attendees... so should I send the AHR invites out BEFORE the shower invites go out... or just before the shower happens?  Does this make sense?  I guess I am trying to make sure that all my shower guests know that they will be apart of our wedding in someway???  Oh boy I think I am confusing myself!!!

HELP! :)

Re: Bridal Shower Invite Timeline...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would send the wediing and AHR invites before the shower invite.  It would seem odd to me to receive an invitation to a shower but I wasn't invited to a wedding or AHR first.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_bridal-shower-invite-timeline?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:42eeacc0-84af-4613-9420-b80a7057d24aPost:dae24031-d4cd-4a3e-bdbd-93d465e018b6">Re: Bridal Shower Invite Timeline...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would send the wediing and AHR invites before the shower invite.  It would seem odd to me to receive an invitation to a shower but I wasn't invited to a wedding or AHR first.
    Posted by vfriday[/QUOTE]

I agree. I read the OP wrong- I missed that  some of the guests will not get actual wedding invites.  Yes you should send those that are not getting wedding invites the AHR invite.  IMO I would send them a wedding invite too if you are going to invite them to the shower.
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are not sending out our AHR invites until after we are married.  So yes, my shower invites are going out 4 weeks before the shower, but after the wedding invites.  I think if you sent them an invitation to the wedding and the shower, they will know you want to include them whether they get the AHR invite or not.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards