Nevada-Las Vegas

Check!

Just paid off the remaining balance for Todd! So excited.

In about a week I'm going to place the order for our cake/cupcakes but I have NO IDEA what to do as far as a design for the top cake. Our colors are black and grey (with a slight pop of pink, not much though) so if you have any suggestions please throw them at me lol. As much as I love the Vegas themed cakes we don't really want one.

Yesterday I went and bought my jewelry for the wedding. I don't really wear jewelry (seriously all I wear is my engagement ring and a bracelet FI got me for my birthday a couple years ago) so I just got something cheap. Although it would definitely fit into the 'bling' category haha. I felt the need to go all out being Vegas and all. Plus my dress is strapless and I'm wearing a short hairstyle for the wedding so my neck felt kind of naked. Had to fill it in somehow.

The necklace came with earrings too but you can't really see them in either of these photos but I will be wearing them. They look like the little dangly things lol.

And here is the bracelet I got too. I wanted something really simple for the bracelet considering the necklace itself is a lot haha.

Less than 50 days to go here! We pre-applied for our marriage license as well. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. Although we still haven't decided on a place for a rehearsal dinner. -___-

Re: Check!

• gorgeous congrats woot woot next check is dinner place lol
  • edited September 2012
    Thank you both! :)

Ugh I know!! My mom is supposed to be helping me with that but yeah she just keeps saying "just pick a place." Well thanks mom! xD
    FI isn't much help either considering he'll eat just about anything and is the same as my mom. I was thinking the Sugar Factory or Trevi (Trevi mainly because our rehearsal is at Caesars and it would be nice to stay in Caesars) but I kind of want something that offers hamburgers too for the more picky people in our group lol.
  • id chose sugar factory just for options

• I really liked PJ Clarkes in the Caesar's shops when I went there for lunch when I was in Vegas earlier this year. We were walking down the strip, saw a giant poster of an amazing looking hamburger and we were sold. We just got burgers (but different kinds) and regular fries and sweet potato fries. I thought everything tasted great.

I have also heard some good stuff about I <3 Burgers. I think it is in the Venetian.

So exciting that your date is so close!!!! Yay!

I think the jewelry is pretty! I want something somewhat flashy (i'm thinking Old Hollywood, and just earrings and a bracelet), but I do not want to spend a lot. Did you get your jewelry online or in store?
  • Also where did you get your veil? Or did you make it? :) Pretty!

I am debating whether I want no veil, or a blusher-type veil?
  • Congrats on paying Todd off. Love the jewels and veil! Absolutely beautiful :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you!

I got it from a store called Charming Charlie and spent like $25. ;P
    As for the veil, it's a tad bit more expensive lol, I got it for like $75 or soemthing like that and I got it from David's Bridal.
  • You look so pretty! I would have the cake pink with maybe black designs?
  • Congrats on paying off Todd and I love the veil..and the necklace!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 50days, huh? Wow it'll be here before you know it. You better get on the reception planning...it sounds like your mom and FI are easy to please so just pick something you want. I love your hair and vail...you will make a stunning bride. I've heard a lot about charming charlie but never been in it...your jewelery is beautiful.
  • EmiliaC01EmiliaC01 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited September 2012
    What a coincidence! I was just told of Charming Charlies recently! A store of theirs opened up a while back that isn't too far away from here. My date is some time away, but I may go check it out just to see what it is all about and consider it for my jewelry. I know some people that love that store! I've looked at their website...

I looked at some of David's blusher veils online and I think most are around $75-100 give or take. Definately considering it, or just getting a jeweled hair pin(s). Your hairstyle looks great with that veil :)

Thanks again and congrats on the checks! The jewelry and blusher will all look beautiful with your dress. 
  • Aww the reception planning is mostly taken care of lol. I just need to decide on a cake design. I'm the worst person for that though because I'm so indecisive lol. Thank you though! They just opened one nearby like a month ago, it's probably my new favorite accessory store lol. ;P

I think the main reason I went with them is like I said I don't wear jewelry very often so I didn't want to spend a whole lot of money on something I'd more than likely only wear once (my dress is different though lol, completely different story haha).

Also Emilia you should check out etsy, you might be able to find something cheaper there if you're on a tight budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards