Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

MY Mandalay WC left!

I got an e-mail Friday night (7/16) at 8:30 from our WC saying that she was leaving the position at the Wedding Chapel on 7/17!! WTF? 
No information on who our new WC would be, just that "our files would be in the best of hands"

Did anyone else using Mandalay get this e-mail?? Our WC was Alyssa. I wasn't thrilled with her to begin with, but at least let me know who the new person will be?

I am going to e-mail the chapel.  And of course with just 3 months left, this is when I will actually need to be in touch!
Annoying!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: MY Mandalay WC left!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh bummer! Honestly maybe she didn't know who would be replacing her or taking over her brides?

I would definitely email or call to follow up and get the details of your new WC.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is super annoying, but it will all work out. I'm sure they will transfer you to a new WC who will do your paperwork. Honestly all they really do is take your final paperwork and collect money. The only thing other than that my WC was make sure my bouquet came out correctly. I would email her pictures, and she would get quotes until I decided on one.

The paperwork is easy, and I would usually ask questions from the knotties not my WC.

Don't freak, it will all be fine :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I worked with Alyssa and was happy so I am sad she is leaving :( But.... From what I have heard you should be fine! The other coordinators will take care of you and honestly.... You usually don't even see YOUR coordinator on the day of unless it's there day to work. So take a deep breath and it will be fine. MB was great to me :)
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    wenawinterwenawinter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies, you are right!!! I'm just starting to get nervous I guess. All the little things are going to be coming up now.
    And you are right, I have gotten more information & answers & help here than from my WC!! I really don't know what I would have done without this sight. 
    Vegas knotties rule!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BTW my WC was Angela and loved her. If you can request a new one, I'd recommend her:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We attempted to communicate with Alyssa when we were still thinking about using their chapel; can't say I'm sorry to see her go, I had to fight to get replies that actually had the information I requested.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011

My WC was Alyssa too!  My wedding is 10/23, so i was kind of freaked out too.  I called the wedding chapel today just to find out what was going on.  They told me that they were reassingning everyone and we should all get an email by friday from our new WC.  I am sure everything will work out.

• Options
    aochoa688aochoa688 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She emailed me as well on Friday.  I emailed her back to congratulate her and she responded that I should recieve an email this week from my new WC.  My wedding is 11/20 so I was also a little surprised.  But honestly, I'm not going to worry about it...just think...they do this A LOT.  They know how it goes and do it many times over and over.  I'm sure we will all be ok.  I'm going to wait till next Monday, hopefully my new WC will email me, and if not...then I will just call and figure out my new WC.  Its ok!!
  • Options
    ddchhichiddchhichi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah, don't worry too much about it.

I got a new WC 2 months before my wedding and my new WC wasn't that responsive and we finally submitted final payment 2 weeks before the wedding.  I didn't even see her on my wedding day but everything turned out just fine.
  • Options
    wenawinterwenawinter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you Suzsee & Aochoa688!!! In hindsight, I should have done this too, lol
    My FI said the same last night, that he's sure we'd be getting an e-mail from our new one shortly.
    And it's true, Mandalay does tons of weddings, I shouldn't worry so much.
    And maybe my new WC will be better, you know - actually answer e-mails and questions, unlike my previous one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ha Ha.  I  agree about the answering questions.  It seems like everytime i sent her an email, she would partially answer the questions.  She did always respond within a day or two, but not necessarily answer my specific question!  I was finally figuring out that i had to send in questions in numbered form.  let me know who your new wc is. . . wonder if we will have the same???
  • Options
    cmutonecmutone member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    figure this is a good thread, considering it's all MB reception brides ...
    I can not get into a wknd vista suite for the month i'd prefer, so i'm considering going w/the hospitality suite & using MP catering for food & booze.  Any recommendations? Comments?   etc.?????  all suggestions would be greatly appreciated .. also, getting courthouse married in FLA before we leave, but wonder if we could do a super short 'psuedo' cermeony in suite ?? sound reasonable? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    cmutone we have the same wedding date!!!  I guess i'll see you in vegas!!  Will all of your guests know you are married before vegas or are you keeping it secret?  I know MB has one ceremony type for people who are married, but no one knows. I dont know much abt the hospitality suite. . .I was able to get the vista that weekend!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards