Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Where to stay on honeymoon?

We'll be spending the last 2 days of our honeymoon in Vegas and I've never been there. We have a res at the Hilton just off the strip (a family friend got us her emp discount) but reviews don't seem great. I was looking at the South Point Resort for a more relaxing stay. Any suggestions? We're on a budget but still want a nice place.

Also any tips to get discount tickets for a Cirque show while we're there?
Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Where to stay on honeymoon?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What do you plan on doing while you're there, and what kinds of things do you like in a hotel?  That will be the most important thing to know to make a good recommendation since the strip has everything from knights jousting to roller coasters through new york city.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Hi

I've stayed at the South Pointe Hotel, actually a couple weeks ago, its really nice for the price and its huge!! A lot of options for food and the movie theater is nice too!  They have really nice amenities in the rooms, definitely 4 star.  One thing about it is that its about 10- 15 min drive to the strip, so if you are looking to do things on the strip the distance might be an issue but there are cabs so it might not be that bad.

HTH
  • Options
    pengy_wipengy_wi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is the last part of our trip so I thought relaxing may be a top priority. I feel like if we stay on the strip we'll feel like we need to be out doing stuff all the time. We'd like to do a little shopping, walk around and see the sights and see a show so I figured a cab or shuttle ride once a day can accomplish that. I just want to make sure I'm making a good choice for my money. The South Point has 2 nights for $167 plus a $100 deposit on arrival.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I suggest moving hotels the fewwest amount of times as possible. It get crazy/hectic and I we saved lots fo money, but I wish we would have just stayed at 1 hotel the entire time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards