Nevada-Las Vegas

NYE in Vegas?

Curious how crazy it is in Vegas on NYE?  I've never gone during any big events like new years, SEMA, final four, etc. since the room rates always get jacked up.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

Re: NYE in Vegas?

• It's awful....
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Never been but my lil sis is there now and I am babysitting her crazy dog! I have no desire to be there for NYE.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've often wondered the same thing. I guess taking it from a local (afj) that it is a bit crowded, lol, would keep me away.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I did the strip the first year living here. It was a madhouse.  And all the hotels go on lockdown basically so you need to be staying at one close to where you're hanging out to be able to go back in and use the bathroom otherwise you have to hold it!  All the club hosted parties get really expensive and packed.  We just do something at friends houses now-adays and stay as far away from the strip as possible.
  • A bunch of my Vegas-local friends have been passing this around on FB. Made me giggle. No way I would want to deal with the crowds on NYE.
  • Ditto the locals. It's a total mess and they shut the Strip down during the day, so people can't even drive there anymore. Most hotels go sold out months ahead of time. I had an uncle who booked their suite at the beginning of the year! I never make it out to the Strip on NYE,it's just too crazy! 
  • I work in Arizona on the weekends and was VERY happy to be getting away from the craziness!!! I stopped for gas on my way out of town Friday and even the gas station was packed with people.
    "We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!" ~Anonymous~ "It is far better to be small and *Shine* than to be big and cast a Shadow!" ~Anonymous~
  • The ONLY way I'd do Vegas on NYE is if I can watch the fireworks from the comfort of my hotel room's soaking tub.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards