Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Roy's Hawaiian Fusion or Border Grill lunch reception

Any Knotties know anyone that has had a reception or eaten at these places? I haven't heard them mentioned much on the boards...
White Knot

Re: Roy's Hawaiian Fusion or Border Grill lunch reception

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was THISCLOSE to having a dinner reception at Border Grill. I haven't eaten there or seen the space in person, but the pictures look great and the food sounds delicious. We're going there for dinner on Sunday after our wedding and I can't wait. When I was in the planning stages Gracious was the event manager and she was fantastic to work with. The minimums were reasonable too. The only reason we had to say no is because our guest list was topping 100 and it just would have been way too expensive with food + bar.
  • Options
    lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never eaten at Border Grill (though I did pick up some Restaurant.com gift certificates for it, so I will have to try it the next time I go), but Roy's is TO DIE FOR.  Yum yum yum.  I remember an upside down pineapple cake that rocked my world...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have eaten at Roy's-- It was nice. A bit pricey and the food is a bot exotic for my taste, but a nice atmosphere.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kim505kim505 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the information, ladies! I'll be making a little scouting trip next week so I'll have to report back and let you know what I think!

@ Natrasha, the pictures of Border Grill looked nice, I just hope it's just as nice in person!
    White Knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ate at Border when I was out there in March and it was very good.  We almost had our rehearsal dinner there but it was only for 40 ppl and I got a better deal from Hussong's so we went there instead; food wasn't really a big deal for the rehearsal so Hussong's will be fine.  Border I don't think is the same 'upscale' level as Roy's however there are a lot of Roy's scattered about so guests may have eaten there before and maybe would enjoy Border Grill more; hard to say.

Depending on your numbers and where you're getting married, may be a lot easier to have it at Border if you're getting married at MB since guests staying in MB or Luxor can walk to it.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I ate at Border Grill; It was pretty good.  I was thinking of doing a reception there but it wasn't a lot of choices for my price range.
    Until the first full year of being one! Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards