Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

**direy**

I did not know you could DNA test your dog!  how cool. That is SO sad that he was thrown out of a moving car!  People can be so awful.  Who could ever do that.  He is lucky he has a good mom now.

Re: **direy**

• Options
    edited December 2011
    UHHH yeah I need to know about this DNA testing. I have one Chow/ Mix and he looks just like a lab but he's too skinny and he has hair like a chow. And my other little fatty is supposed to be a husky mix but he is yellow and fat and really short. His face looks like a husky but he is the wrong color, and his body looks like a super fat corgi. HAHA I have quite the brood over here :)
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is the one my parents ordered from Amazon, although looking at the reviews, maybe it wasn't that accurate lol.  http://www.amazon.com/BioPet-DNA-Breed-Identification-Kit/dp/B0015WNJ7I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1302726740&sr=8-1

It looks like there are some more expensive ones out there that might be better but whatever - it was a Christmas present from my parents.  We've actually thought about doing a different one to see if the results come back any different.

Anyway, aegrish, thanks for your comment about Percy.  There are really some awful people out there...
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    hstaples4hstaples4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We bought one for our heeler mix (forgot to actually send it in oops) We read through is though and it has a pretty small database of breeds like Australian Cattle dog wasn't in their database so it said when the dogs breed isn't in there they assign it to the next closest breed. So for our heeler mix, which we know for sure he is half heeler, since it's not in their database he would come back as no heeler. Bloodhound wasn't their database either so even our purebred bloodhound would come back as what ever they do have that is closest to that. That was a couple years ago though so maybe they've made some advances since then.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic PersonalMilestone BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I read somewhere that their data base generally only includes breeds that are AKC registered...
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards