Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Hotels in Las Vegas

So, Im going pay for our bridesmaids and groomsmen rooms for our wedding and was looking at the Luxor, Excalibur, or Mandalay Bay.  I was wondering if anyone has any reviews for them.   We are getting married at Mandalay Bay but I haven't found good rates at MB that wont break the budget so that's why Im looking at the other two.  My daughter will be there with us so Im looking for a fun experience for her also.

Re: Hotels in Las Vegas

• Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MB is nicer than the other two.  I have stayed at all three.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I stay at Luxor often b/c of the cheap rates. Some people don't like the pyramid rooms b/c of the slanted ceiling. I get a little dizzy if we have a room to high up in the pyramid, but that's b/c I'm terrified of heights and convinced I'm going to fall. The tower rooms are nice rooms, nothing too fancy. I do like that they have a huge tub and separate shower.

My parents have stayed at Excalibur. They room was clean and cheap, which were their primary concerns.

Obvs, the rooms at MB are going to be nicer than Luxor or Excalibur. Sign up for SmarterVegas.com if you havn't done so already and also the guestbook on the hotels website. They'll send out promo codes pretty often
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure how old your daughter is, but Excalibur has an arcade in it.  No matter which hotel you pick it would be reasonably close.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    msteachesmsteaches member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

MB has an awesome pool so that would be my first choice especially for your daughter. If you do Excalibur, book the updated rooms. The hotel is old and the rooms reflect that. My cousin stayed there and her room smelled like urine.  I've never seen the Luxor rooms. 

Have you looked into Tropicana, MGM or NYNY? They are relatively close. Trop just updated their hotel and is awesome. MGM has a great lazy river and pool area. NYNY has an arcade and rollercoaster.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MB is Super nice, I have never stayed in Luxor so I am no help but Excalibur is ok, if all your doing is sleeping in the rooms then so be it... nothing fancy. Hubby's parents and brother stayed there and they said they would have much rather payed a little extra money to stay at MB.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've only stayed at MB and MGM.  We're getting married at MB, and I'm recommending my guests stay at either MB, MGM, or Tropicana.  MGM has the lion area, Rainforest Cafe, and a Lazy River.  MB has a beach/wave pool, and the rooms are generally nicer.

HTH!
  • Options
    lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've stayed in Luxor and Excalibur-- I'd rank them in this order: MB, Luxor (Tower Room), Luxor (Pyramid Room), Excalibur. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards