Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Alcohol for In-Suite, how much did you spend?

If you don't mind sharing. Trying to get a guage on how much we'll end up spending. We will have about 50 people. Our friends drink a decent amount of beer and wine for sure, and will drink mixed drinks if available, so we plan to get everything (beer, wine, hard booze, mixers, pop, some champagne but probably just cheap stuff). I would guess the reception will last 3-4 hrs. Right now I budgeted for $500 but trying to figure out of this is too low....?

So if you don't mind sharing how much you ended up spending and for how many people that would be great! (especially if you had some big drinkers) TIA!

(this question is for those that got the alcohol themselves from a liquor or grocery store).

Re: Alcohol for In-Suite, how much did you spend?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We spent about $300 for Soda, Waters, Beer, Liquor and Mixers. I think $500 will be good and to be honest with our group we should have bought more beer because it was the main thing gone by the end of the night. Also if you are not having a bartender (DH friend was going to but couldn't at the last min...) then I suggest that you let people know to go ahead and hit the liquor because we had some people who though it was MB hotel stuff and did not want us to get charged.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nobody else??  With all the in-suites that have taken place there has got to be someone else (thanks Stinker) out there with a response.....please and thanks:)
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did a birthday party at home and bought tequila, triple sec, grand marnier, wine, beer, pepsi, diet pepsi, sprite, water and mixers for margaritas.  I think I spent around $500 for that. 

Unfortunately, FI's dad had a medical emergency and the party ended early so we STILL have Tequila, Triple Sec and Marg Mix, 7 months later.

I bought a LOT of stuff though.  I started buying a few months ahead of time as stuff went on sale.  I think I bought 6 bottles of tequila, 2 jugs of triple sec, 2 grand marnier, 2 cases of corona, 1 case of corona lite, 4 bottles of red, 4 bottles of white, 2 12 packs pepsi, 1 of diet, 1 of 7 up, 6 bottles marg mix and a flat of 64 waters. 
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My dad and brother bought the booze, but I'd guess around $400. This was for beer, champagne, water, vodka, rum, soda for 60 guests.
  • Options
    kareevankareevan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $300 but you got my email? :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_alcohol-suite-much-did-spend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:4aa40082-dfb6-4878-b8ac-bbf918931be1Post:6485bea5-9fdd-419d-a0c9-fcdd0c1965f4">Re: Alcohol for In-Suite, how much did you spend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]$300 but you got my email? :)
    Posted by kareevan[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yes I did, thank you!  Very helpful as well!  My work is micromanaging us all the sudden this week so I was going to respond when I could....prob. Sun. since I'll be at home then (I'm house/cat sitting til then and can't log into my work email from a Mac).  

</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is pretty close to what I actually spent:

Tequila  $   125.00
    Grand Marnier  $     63.72
    Triple Sec  $     32.97
    Margarita man machine  $   195.00
    Beer  $     65.67
    Wine  $     61.59
    Mariachi band  $   650.00
    Food  $   200.00
    Mixers, soda, juice, limes, water, ice  $   100.00
    Salt  $      6.00
    Decorations  $     71.95
    Plastic cups, plates, napkins, cutlery  $     67.12
    Bartending staff  $   200.00

Bi-oh-rama

"smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Smokey, you're the best!  Oh and I hope your FI's dad was ok....

Also, sound like you know how to throw a party, I want to go to a Mexican fiesta party like that:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been in contact with The Liquor Outlet and they sent me a price list. I'm about $350 (taxes in) for 10 bottles of red wine, 10 bottles of white wine, 3 flats (36packs) of beer, and 12 bottles of alcohol. This is for 35 people. I'm hoping it's enough...?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_alcohol-suite-much-did-spend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:4aa40082-dfb6-4878-b8ac-bbf918931be1Post:e820900e-ec47-4dd0-a918-4240a00c0d81">Re: Alcohol for In-Suite, how much did you spend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Smokey, you're the best!  Oh and I hope your FI's dad was ok.... Also, sound like you know how to throw a party, I want to go to a Mexican fiesta party like that:)
    Posted by Sara191431[/QUOTE]

it was an awesome party.  FI's dad ended up having to go to the hospital.  FI was in the middle of opening my b-day gift to him (tickets to munich and paris) when he had a TIA (which is a mini-stroke).  Luckily, we had 2 doctors and a nurse in the room and got him to the hospital quickly.

The key was getting him aspirin ASAP.  Other than that, the party was great.  The Mariachi trio was really good.  If we weren't having a piano man for our cocktail party and dinner, we would have another mariachi trio.
    Bi-oh-rama

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards