Nevada-Las Vegas

photo timing???

When are you planing or when did you take your wedding photos besides during the ceremony?  I'm stuck on this one I want me walking down the isle to be the 1st time everyone (FI included) to see me in my dress but I want to go straight to the reception and party the night away and not have anyone get lost in between ceremony and reception while we are taking pictures!!

So how many are seeing FI before hand to take pictures and how many of you ladies are not???

Re: photo timing???

• edited December 2011
    My FI and I are not planning on seeing each other before, although I think it would make things much easier picture wise :)

I hope someone who's already married can answer how they pulled it off, because right now my plan is to have him take the getting ready pictures, pictures of me and my family, me and my girls, my FI and his family and his guys.

Then after the wedding we'll have the two of us, the whole wedding party, both families together and then off the the reception.

But I'll talk to my photographer and see if he thinks all of that can work and us arrive to the reception on time!
  • MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

FI will see me before the ceremony. I've already talked to my BIL about taking pics of FI & I at the hotel we are staying at. We will find a nice area to meet and hopefully BIL can get a couple of good pics when Rich sees me in my dress for the first time.

• atlcatloveratlcatlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH did not want to see me before the ceremony either.  When I explained to him how our timeline would look if we took pictures after he realized it made more sense to do them before.  We didn't want to keep our guests waiting and wanted to go right to the reception as well.

Seeing each other beforehand was one of the best decisions we made.  It was really the only alone time we had all day.  It gave us a chance to just enjoy each other's company and have a little fun before the ceremony.  And it didn't take anything away from that moment when I saw him standing at the end of the aisle waiting for me.  In fact, I was so relaxed that I was able to enjoy every minute of the ceremony and really take it all in.
  • edited December 2011
    Just my 2 cents here, but I LOVE when the couple does a "first look" set up - where they meet before the ceremony for pictures and see each other for the first time. If the first time you see each other is walking down the aisle, you may not get awesome pictures of his reaction to first seeing you.

As of right now, FI and I aren't planning to see each other before the ceremony, but that's not set in stone. I am trying to work out the logictics of a first look moment.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SunnyCanadianSunnyCanadian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a traditionalist and so is my FI - the first time he sees me will be when I walk down the aisle. But I've always loved the pictures from other brides' "first look" and I do think its easier for your guests because there's no time gap in between the ceremony and reception. What does your FI think?
    BFP #1 MM/C discovered at 8w2d, loss 11/18/11
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven
    BFP #2 7/7/12, EDD 3/14/13, stick baby stick!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Funny you ask what the FI thinks......um he dosent! lol My baby is one of those whatever I want kinda guys on the details, which make it hard for me b/c I always second guess myself but it always  turns out all good! I am so traditional I thinking we will wait for after ceremony and just take a few pics like for only an hour between wedding and reception..(might revisit this idea in the upcoming weeks)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards