Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

vegas question

so my SO and i are planning to get married sometime in October/November.  we've recently decided that we want to get married in vegas and have a reception later on at home (in toronto).

i think that there will be about 10-15 people who will fly in with us to be there for the ceremony.  we've talked about getting married at night, and then going out for dinner and a night of drinking and dancing.

so here's the question - do we try to plan this out in advance or do we just show up and wing it?  neither of us take the whole wedding thing very seriously so the there isn't a lot of pressure for us to get things "perfect". 

but with 10 people in tow are we asking for disaster by not having things worked out in advance?  how hard is it to just rock up and get married? 

i just don't want to start planning and end up getting all wrapped up in the details because truthfully, i just want to marry this man and i don't really care where or with what colour scheme...

suggestions? opinions?

p.s. i just have to add that i'm feeling pretty excited because i think i found the e-ring of all rings and having decided on a place to get married it's all starting to feel real to me.

Re: vegas question

• Options
    pebbs_17pebbs_17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure the 'stand alone; chapels would allow you to just walk in and get married without an appointment.  It would depend on how busy they are at the time I guess.  I think the hotel chapels require a little more planning than that, I could be wrong though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are so many places to get married in Vegas! A smaller stand alone chapel is probably the way to go like Pebbs said. They would be more accommodating to a walk in, and most restaurants can take a small group like that. Just don't forget to get your marriage license! Congratulations!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    flyjawnflyjawn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks guys.... i think that was why we chose vegas.  it's just to easy to get married and there are so many options. 

and no i won't forget the license!
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think planning ahead means getting caught up in the details.  Pick a chapel, pick a restaurant to take everyone to afterward, and you're done.  The nice thing about the chapels is that they take care of everything for you.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I remember during my planning process that most hotel places and stand alones are more able to accommodate you if you want to get married if it is during the week and I believe at some places it is even cheaper for during the week :) Not sure if that's what you want to do but just thought I'd throw that out there.. not to mention the great rates for Sun-Thurs lol..
  • Options
    MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should not have an issue finding a chapel on a week day, but could be more difficult on a weekend if you just try to wing it.

I would call a stand alone or hotel chapel, tell them what you want and they can do everything for you. Most have their own florists, limos, photogragphers and can arrange for cake and even dinner reservations for you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    just don't plan to "wing it" on October 10...I've heard that most of the chapels are already booked up (10/10/10)...esp for 10:00 am or pm
  • Options
    flyjawnflyjawn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the heads up!  i doubt we'll be able to do it that early in the month (save for some sort of miracle) but it's good to know anyways.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I don't think that planning your wedding means you have to be ALL caught up and do nothing but eat, sleep, and breathe wedding stuff.

Because you are traveling with a small group of guests, you shouldn't have too much trouble. While at the same time, I would highly recommend doing some planning...for example, if you decide to have dinner at a nice restaurant, you would of course want to make reservations before you take everyone walking on the strip to find a place that suit your needs.

I guess what I'm saying is that, no matter what, a tiny bit of planning will be involved.

• Options
    mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i would do a little bit of planning, but a lot of chapels do allow last minute weddings. obviously, it is Vegas! Look at Brittney Spears! White Wedding Chapel is known for its last minute weddings!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I sound very similiar to you.... We did book a place in advance. We have a group of approx 15 going with us and we didn't want to take any chances. After the ceremony we will be going out for a night of dinner and dancing and having a good time. You will be surprised about how perfect you want a wedding that you never before took too seriously (I was!!)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards