Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Questions regarding video?

Okay so having a videographer is not in our budget but I am starting to feel really guilty about FI's family not coming and I really think it would be nice for him and them to see our ceremony.

I know some chapels put the video on their website quite quickly after the ceremony is over but we are not getting married in a chapel.....do any of you know if there are any videographer's who offer such a service?

And for those of you that had video at your wedding was it worth it? I am not even sure if I would want them  to video at the reception just the ceremony part?

HELP!!!! Not sure what to do!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Questions regarding video?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    TOTALLY WORTH IT! For us, that is. We received the wedding video more or less 3 weeks ago and have watched it a hundred times already... it's SO gorgeous! Seeing hubby's love message for the first time was such a moving experience. I also mailed a copy to the families in Italy so now everyone's set. 
    It was money well spent, but you two would know better if it's something that you would like to have. For some people it's not a big deal.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I questioned the video option but my wife insisted we have it so we did it.  After the fact, and at this point all I've seen is a five minute trailer the videographer put together for us, I know it was completely worth it; even the trailer came out incredible so I'm just waiting for the DVD to show up every day now.  My best man and his wife had video and they actually hadn't watched it in years until we started planning our wedding and asked to see it, then they were like wow watching it three years later feels so awesome.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My one regret is that we didn't hire a videographer. DH's cousin recorded the ceremony for us but the quality is pretty bad. Really wish we would have spent the extra money...
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    VG, did you get yours through MB's videographer?  It's part of our package, and I'm curious to find out how good the sound is (once you get yours).  We're writing our own vows, and I want to make sure we can hear them :)

I'm glad we're getting a video, because I have a feeling the ceremony will be a happy blur :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_questions-regarding-video?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:4b09a516-59e0-4ff4-b05b-e128a841c3edPost:eedba6d9-2741-40f9-8f60-5f8b0dd6fb46">Re: Questions regarding video?</a>:
    [QUOTE]VG, did you get yours through MB's videographer?  It's part of our package, and I'm curious to find out how good the sound is (once you get yours).  We're writing our own vows, and I want to make sure we can hear them :) I'm glad we're getting a video, because I have a feeling the ceremony will be a happy blur :)
    Posted by nycheryl[/QUOTE]

No, since we didn't use their chapel the only thing at MB we used was the venue itself.  We hired Digs Studio.  PM me if you'd like to see the trailer.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Our package came with a video of the ceremony.  It was great to have but we've only watched it once.  If your going to hire someone check their reviews first, the lady we hired for the reception was HORRIBLE!!!   She said it was our fault because the room was too "dark."

All the good folks that were recommended on here were booked already or really expensive $1K or more for 3-4 hours.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_questions-regarding-video?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:4b09a516-59e0-4ff4-b05b-e128a841c3edPost:a99fb8e7-ac5a-4ecc-bcf4-d42910c5bde5">Re: Questions regarding video?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Questions regarding video? : No, since we didn't use their chapel the only thing at MB we used was the venue itself.  We hired Digs Studio.  PM me if you'd like to see the trailer.
    Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]

That makes sense... thanks, VG :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We filmed a save-the-date and absolutely loved the experience... we have hired the same company to film our wedding day celebrations as well and are really excited about it.
    If I were you, I would try my best to find a way to hire a professional videographer.  You will have the memory forever!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards