Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Timing - Transportation/Traffic/etc

So I have contacted my desired vendors and am getting anxious wanting to book them all now that I have confirmed they are available on my desired date.  I can't decide what to do about the timing though!  I have never been to Vegas so am not familiar with the time it takes to get around. 

We want to have our ceremony at Caesar's Palace and reception at Maggiano's.  If we have our ceremony at 5:00 pm and our reception start at 7:00 pm...is that too much time in between? 

We are doing pictures before the ceremony...and will be providing some sort of transportation for our guests.  It just seems like everyone says their ceremonies are so short that we'll end up with an hour and a half in between, and what if we get to Maggianos early?  I thought of having our transportation drive us down for a sight seeing tour of the strip...but I dont know.

Could really use all of your wonderful expertise!!

Re: Timing - Transportation/Traffic/etc

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't see it as a problem esp if its a Saturday night - cab lines will be long & the palace is a huge property, so it'll take some time to travese by foot.   But if you're going to do astrip tour with your group, you could kill some time.

Our ceremony is at 12:30pm (Church of the West) and reception starts at 2pm.
    we're doing pic after the ceremony, but before reception. so that'll take a good 30min & another 30min to get down the strip in traffic...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you do a cocktail hour at Maggianos?  You can just put out some light refreshments starting at 5:30 or 6:00, that way people who decide to hoof it have something to snack on while they wait. 
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    if your Caesars Ceremony is at 5pm, I would start Maggianos at 6pm.  I would assume you're going to shuttle your guests, so I don't think the cab lines should be a concern.  I've walked from Caesars to the mall that Maggianos is in, and walking it took less than 15 minutes - granted that wasn't in heels or anything.  So, with a 15-20 minute ceremony and a few pictures afterwards (that your guests probably don't need to hang around for), you'll definitely be able to make it by 6pm.  I like aerinpegadrak's idea to start the bar at 5:30 to cover guests who go straight there after the "I do" :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can they just hang out in the bar at Maggianos? That is probably where  my family would be found if they were there early :) Don't stress. It is Vegas!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had our ceremony at Caesars at 5 oclock and reception at the Venetian started at 7. Our guests hung out in the chapel while we took pictures with the ceremony photographer so that we could get a big group shot. That took us to about 5:45. At that point our guests started making their way over to the Venetian by either foot or cab, and all arrived with plenty of time to do some pre-dinner gambling and drinking.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards