North Carolina
Options

Good, Cheap Caterers in Wilmington?

Ladies! I need help! Could you list some good, cheap vendors in Wilmington? Our wedding is 6/23/2012 and we need to book our caterer ASAP!

Thanks   :)

Re: Good, Cheap Caterers in Wilmington?

• Options
    SD3194SD3194 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your idea of cheap?

We were going to use Culinary Creations until we switched venues.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd just use the grocery store.  Gonna taste about the same. 

Cutting the head count may be an viable option.
  • Options
    alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, what do you consider cheap?  And are you tied to Wilmington or can you go a little farther out?  Also, your wedding is June 2012?  That is well over a year away. You have plenty of time.  The worst thing you can do is rush into something and be stuck down the road. Take your time and do lots of research to make sure you have the right caterer for you.

I used Courthouse Caffe out of Jacksonville.  Chef Renee is amazing and really made our money stretch. I highly recommend them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Pine Valley.  Christi is awesome and I thought it was well priced for what we are getting.
    TTC#1 since April 2011
    IVF#1 July 2012 5R, 3 made it to blast, sET BFN
    FET#1 Aug 2012 2 blasts transferred BFN
    IVF#2 Oct 2012
    16R/6M/6F
    Beta 1-237.9, Beta 2-566, Beta 3-8657
    US 6w3d shows one baby w/ HB 115
    US 7w1d no more heartbeat/ D&C 11/30/12 normal karyotype
    IVF#3 Mar 2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    mewebster59mewebster59 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sonny Parker Chicken and BBQ... super cheap.  It's who I am using, but its' def more laid-back style.  I've heard of alot of people using Harris Teeter and places like that lately too.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers in progess... Planning bio
  • Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We catered everything ourself. BJ's and Sam's had everything we needed. For 65 people = 200-350 ish (I cant completely remember).

Then again, we had a 2pm ceremony and had light sandwiches, fruit, crackers, pinwheels and some other stuff food wise. We had wedding cake (did NOT do that myself. ..) cookies and pie (DH favorite).

Afterwards, we had all of our family members over at our house and ate whatever was left over from the reception, plus pizza and more pie :)

But like PP said, you've got a while to go. Do lots of research and get the best bang for your buck. Don't lock yourself in yet though unless you're completely 100% satisfied.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    carolinagal78carolinagal78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Linda from Special Events Catering. I think she is out of Jacksonville which isnt far from Wilmington. She is pretty reasonable and we are getting lots of food.
    image 114 Made the cut!
    image 84 Are ready to celebrate! image 20 Are missing out! image 10 Don't understand RSVP?!
  • Options
    klaphamklapham member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm from Jacksonville  :)  We have a lot of people coming out of town, but we are inviting 200 people so I am definitely hiring some outside catering. I was thinking maybe Middle of the Island?? But also, Courthouse Cafe does catering? I love Courthouse Cafe!!! 

Cheap would be anything under $25 a head
  • Options
    ldavis1125ldavis1125 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    THyme Savor Catering! I am using them and Danielle is very nice and helpful. She has my menu for 300 guests at $25 a head. Middle of the Island, however is cheaper and if you want really cheap.... we are using Caeys BBQ (country buffet) for the dinner rehearsal because we wanted sountern food, they are about $8 a head.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards