Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

PH Insuites??

Hey girls

Has anyone on here had an insuite reception in the Panorama at Planet Hollywood?
My wedding is in April and I've this suite booked.  I had been expecting roughly 30 people.  However, numbers have gone up and its now looking like 50 will be there.  I'm now panicking that there wont be enough space.  Can anyone give me some advice please.  I would really like to hae some space for dancing!!!
I called the hotel to enquire about upgrading to the Boulevard suite but they said they are not available on that date at the moment and that I will have to ask again when I'm checking in.

Any advice would be great
x

Re: PH Insuites??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In my opinion, wait a little longer, I changed ceremony locations because I was expecting more guests, in the end many cancelled at the last minute, I waited until now (wedding is next week) to book the limo in order to have a better count.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you been in the Panorama suite? We just got back from our scouting trip and took a look at it. The WC said that you could fit 50 in there. I think dancing could be tough. :-( It seems like a good amount of the square footage is in the bedrooms.
  • Options
    LasVegas2011LasVegas2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey ,

No I've not been inside.  I live in Scotland so am doing all of this unseen.  I guess I'm just really hoping that when I arrive I'll be able to upgrade to the bigger suite but I just hate not knowing and having to wait to find out. 
    Thank you both for your advice though.  Dont think my numbers will change much now as everyone has booked flights from the UK and we are up to 46! - yikes.
    Ann&Erik2011 can you tell me is the suite quite narrow?
    Thanks
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I heard that PH is using the suites for comps only. I would try calling Caesar's Total Experiences. I talked to someone there who was able to get me rates when I was looking at an insuite reception.

http://www.totalexperiences.com/totalexperiences/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had 47 people in the Panorama suite. I think 50 would be ok but probably wouldn't go much over.  Our reception was more "mingling" and it worked just fine.  We had background music but didn't have dancing and I'm fairly certain there wouldn't have been much room for it.... maybe if you moved furniture around, but I'm still thinking it would be tight.

The suite is long and narrow.  It has two sets of double doors going into the suite which provides for an entry way.  We had both doors open and guests were even using up that space. 

Have you looked on Youtube?  I found several videos that people took of the Panorama suites before I booked as I wasn't able to do a scouting trip.  It might give you a better feel.  Good luck! :)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ah great thank you.  I will try calling total experiences and see what they say.  Glukas21 you sound like the best person to ask for advice!! Did you have outside caterers come in?  Ive got Masterpiece Cuisine booked.  Was there enough space to set out all the food etc?
    I guess dancing might not be practical by the sounds of it.  However I have booked a Rod Stewart impersonator to come along for half an hour and do a few songs.  Do you think that will work?
    Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, we used the "tried and true" Masterpiece Cuisine and they were wonderful.  The warm appetizers were set up on a long bureau by the couch and the cold ones were on a large round coffee table.  There is a wet bar if you are going to serve alcohol.  We put our cake on what would be considered the dining room table.  We took the chairs and set them around the main room for more seating. The only thing I might have done differently is tried to find another place for the cake.  The way the suite is set up, it's at one end of the suite and it's kind of isolated.  I don't think everyone saw us cut the cake.  However, it still might be the "safest" area for the cake if you have a large crowd...  We also used a bureau in the entry way for our "poster" guest book and favors.

We had Travis Allen (Elvis) perform for a 1/2 hour and it was great.  I guess I shouldn't say there wasn't any dancing as we did have room to do our first dance to one of his songs. 

Here is a link to some of our pics that I posted.  http://tinyurl.com/2cxbzy5

The last half show the reception and might be able to give you some ideas.  If you look at the pics with elvis, he is standing at the entry to the "dining room" where the cake was.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you soooo much.  Looking at those pics has been VERY helpful and knowing that you had Elvis is great.  That has put me at ease.  Just hope no-one decides to come now hehe!!!
    P.S Your wedding looks like it was a brilliant day and I love your dress.

Could you just help me with one more qu?  Is there a key card enter to get up to the suites? If so how did you manage getting all your guests in?

Thank you so much for your help x x
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You are welcome :)  There's only a key card to the suite itself.  You just need to know which elevator to take up.  Our wedding was at the Flamingo so we shuttled the guests over so the majority arrived together.

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great that makes it a little easier then.

Thank you
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LasVegas2011 hi im based in Birmingham UK so i feel your stress ha! its so difficult! however i have got lotsa info off all the lovely Knotties.
    have you already paoid for your suite? if not try looking at the Mandalay Bay Vista suite as it seems very open plan and there has been so many good reviews on here! this is where we are having ours.
    we are also using masterpiece cuisine and from the emails i have exchanged with Scott i think they pretty much do everything and they will set it up the best way so you dont have to worry and you can enjoy your day!
    i am going to PM you as i have a few questions Smile 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Nadia,
    Sorry for the late reply but I only just checked this. I thought I got emails to notify me when someone leaves a message - oh well!!!
    Yeah I have booked my suite already.  I did look at the Vista suite and it looks lovely but I just love the kinda retro feel of PH its more our style (not sure I'll feel like that if we're all squashed in - haha).
    I dont know if you've private messaged me yet as I have no clue how to check this.  If you are on facebook there is a great group I can invite you to join its mostly british girls who have been married or who are getting married in Vegas, its fab for getting advise too
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards