Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Wearing a shrug

Well, had my final dress fitting last night......the backfat situation was still really bothering me.  Wish I said something at the time - my Mom said it looked fine people would be looking at my front.  I didn't sleep last night worried about it.  Obviously, I am not going to feel good in my dress if this bothers me this much.

So I called back this morning and the lady understood and they are making me a shrug for it.  Looked online at photos of them and this might work.  Hope I like it when I go next Friday to pick it up.  Time is running out!

Re: Wearing a shrug

• Options
    edited December 2011

AWWW babe!  I'm sure it looks fine - we're our worst critics, aren't we??

I'm sure the shug will look fine & you'll still be GORGEOUS in your dress!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wearing-shrug?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:51c96ed4-0214-42a0-bd35-90f09ebad856Post:1ccfa581-c844-426a-a99d-435e62a6e7f2">Re: Wearing a shrug</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sure the shug will look fine & you'll still be GORGEOUS in your dress!!
    Posted by tanyamar[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm banking on....the rest of the dress on me is killer!  Never looked so thin in my life :)  So if this little accessory makes me feel better - that will make my day.
  • Options
    keana123keana123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you'll be fine. Mom is right but if it makes you feel better get the shrug, then you can decide that day.
  • Options
    ellenalabamaellenalabama member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say if you will feel more comfortable get the shrug!  I've seen dresses that have them and it looks really nice.  You don't want to spend the day fussing with your dress or worrying that you don't look exactly how you want to.  Tanyamar is so right though, we are our own WORST critics! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Having a shrug is nice if you're in an air conditioned room, anyway. I didn't wear mine at the ceremony but I brought it to the reception and I was glad to have it so I wasn't cold!

Is there no way to let the gown out a tad at the top of the back though?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards