Nevada-Las Vegas

Stupid Question?

FI asked me today if everyone is in on the champagne toast at the reception and I said yes, of course... but he got me thinking... is it just FI and I that technically do the champagne toast and everyone else just toasts with whatever they are drinking? Wondering b/c we are trying to put together a list of what liquor to buy for the reception with 65 ppl. How many bottles of champagne would that be?

Again, might be a stupid question??

Re: Stupid Question?

• edited December 2011
    I've seen it done both ways. At my sister's wedding, just the bridal party got champagne, and everyone else toasted with their own drinks.  At my wedding, we had champagne poured for each guest.

It would be entirely up to you!
  • kikibabykikibaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We gave champagne to everyone.  Each regular bottle of champagne yields about 4-5 glasses. 
  • ppenticostppenticost member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies... what about wedding toasts? Did you know who wanted to do speeches before the reception? I'm just wondering how to keep this all on track in the in-suite reception with no MC and no head table, etc. We leave in 3 weeks and I'm starting to panic that I don't have all of this planned out!
  • edited December 2011
    We bought 10 bottles of champagne for 60 people and by the end of the night, they were gone!

We only bought champagne, beer, rum, and vodka, so we poured champagne for everyone. My husband and I actually helped hand it all out, so I was sure to welcome at least a few of the guests. I figured if I never got the chance to talk to them again, I was able to hand them champagne and say "Hi!"

What we did for our insuite was have a good friend who is a natural MC kinda run the show. He introduced us into the reception immediately after they bustled my dress and then he announced our first dance that let directly into father/daughter / mother/groom dance. Right after that my MOH did her speech.(this is when champagne was poured for everyone-- about 5 people helped pour/pass it out) She was the only speech bc our BM was Gary's sister and she is super shy.

Then we stopped and took some posed family shots w/ Todd. Then we cut the cake.

Hope this helps!

I would recommend having a loud friend be your "MC" and ask everyone for help! We cut the cake then my MIL and MOH passed out the cake.

Sorry if this was totally long- having an insuite reception I had the same fears!
  • ppenticostppenticost member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You rock dvouhnut!! I welcome the long responses... I need all the help I can get!  You just confirmed what I thought we should do, which is have the Best Man double as the MC. I love the idea of FI and I pouring champagne for everyone, it will be a great opportunity to make contact with everyone and say hi, so I'm definitely taking that advice.

Thanks again! =)
  • edited December 2011
    Your welcome! We also had my brother and cousin acting as bartenders. They enjoyed the task and most of my family congregated around the bar anyways. They poured all the champagne then my husband and I and a few friends helped pass it out. It went smoothly!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards