Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Strip tour photos before or after?

Just curious wat you are doing - before or after the ceremony?  Pros and cons?  I'm getting married near the beginning of May 2012.

If I do the strip tour photos before, I plan to provide transportation for my guests (Flamingo to MB), as the reception will start shortly after the ceremony ends. 

If I do the strip tour photos after, I probably won't provide transportation for my guests, as they will most likely go their separate ways during the couple hour gap between ceremony and reception.  Example: 1pm ceremony and 4pm reception

I am oh-so-close to finally booking my ceremony and main vendors, but just trying to figure out some timing issues.  I am probably driving my FI crazy trying to figure all of this out...his feelings are "just book it," but there are so many options to consider!
76 invited image 35 ready to partyimage 41 staying homeimageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Strip tour photos before or after?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing a few photos at the Vegas sign (I still love it even though we live here!) before everything. That way you know your hair and makeup are perfect, you don't feel rushed to meet your guests, and it eases your nerves.
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing everything before.  We want people to be able to easily segue from ceremony to drinking with very little interference.

My photog schedule starts at 1 pm with a 5 pm ceremony start time.  My schedule is posted somewhere on here.  click my magnifying glass if that interested.  Look for a thread about photography schedules....
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    kdj2011kdj2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing ours between ceremony and reception and we are taking all of our guests w/us on the double decker bus so we are going to use this time as our "cocktail hour" and bring drinks and music on the bus w/ us.  
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did ours before so we could go straight into the reception.  I dislike gaps, even in Vegas.  Killing time is no fun, even if you normally enjoy the activity.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_strip-tour-photos-before-after?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:55c20104-9f9c-4586-b510-c378cf2a2b7ePost:35fc45ab-d1da-49ef-bc89-45b34bc21919">Re: Strip tour photos before or after?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We did ours before so we could go straight into the reception.  I dislike gaps, even in Vegas.  Killing time is no fun, even if you normally enjoy the activity.
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

I am totally on this bus. Everyone is dressed up and ready to party.  Get them into the cocktail party.  Get an appy and drink in their hands before their heads explode.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    edited December 2011

Thank you for your help!  You all have convinced me to do the strip tour beforehand, which was my initial thought.  The more I think about it....I really shouldn't make my guests kill time in between events. 

76 invited image 35 ready to partyimage 41 staying homeimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married May 2012 and I am having a total nightmare with timings I just cant figure out what to do! I dont want my fiancee to see me before the ceremony which is at Pauite and we have that for a few hours, having thre reception at Stratosphere but havent specified the time. I am going to need to come on here and ask for some serious advice when I get to that point. This seems to be my main problem at the moment everything seems to be a breeze!
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_strip-tour-photos-before-after?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:55c20104-9f9c-4586-b510-c378cf2a2b7ePost:455c04d3-828d-4d42-885d-2c31188195e0">Re: Strip tour photos before or after?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're doing everything before.  We want people to be able to easily segue from ceremony to drinking with very little interference. My photog schedule starts at 1 pm with a 5 pm ceremony start time.  My schedule is posted somewhere on here.  click my magnifying glass if that interested.  Look for a thread about photography schedules....
    Posted by smokeybailey[/QUOTE]

Ours is very similar...we have a 6pm ceremony with photo tour from 2-5pm.  We are not taking guests with us though. I am a big fan of getting to the reception right after the ceremony.  I don't like waiting to eat or drink!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Before. 10 a.m. ceremony and 11 a.m. brunch reception. I don't like gaps as a guest and don't want my guests to have to kill time. Plus, if there is a huge break between ceremony and reception, everyone will proably go back to the hotel and change out of their wedding attire. 

Also, as nice as it is to wait and see each other, I like the idea of a first look. I think it can be photographed better than seeing each other for the first time during the ceremony unless you have two photographers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards