Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Double Decker bus question??

Okay so we have booked the bus the night before the wedding and I have told them that I want to go the Las Vegas sign, down to Freemont Street and then to the Bellagion fountains.

For those of you that took the bus before did you actually stop several times or just drive past these places? When they emailed back to confirm they only mentioned stopping at the Bellagio which is the place I want to stop the least.
It would be helpful to know what others have done.

Thanks for your help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Double Decker bus question??

• Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know much about it but I can tell you that there is nothing to "see" on Fremont from a passing bus.  You have to get off to "see" it.

And that's all I can add today.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That's exactly what I was thinking! It's been awhile since i've been downtown so I coudn't imagine just doing a driveby, lol!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you can't drive downtown because it's a walking street.  you can drive AROUND downtown but again, you can't see anything.

ETA:  I have some DT pics on that link I posted so you can see the walking street.
    Bi-oh-rama

"smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Smokey! I just wonder how many stops this damn bus will do, lol! Downtown is actually where I would prefer it to stop if I only had 1 choice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Remember if you are going DT and want to see the "experience" you may have to wait half an hour if it just finished.

Bi-oh-rama

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The bus did not stop anywhere but the LV sign for us. This stop took a while because of the line to take pictures.

For the rest of the trip, the bus drove up the strip, through the road that cuts through Fremont street, back down the strip, and then to the sign. It was neat to drive through downtown, but I agree with Smokey. If you've never been downtown, simply driving through will not do.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_double-decker-bus-question-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:57cd7f41-a77e-4ffe-b969-32e79be3d774Post:886a8776-33de-4d89-84c6-d03847cd7122">Re: Double Decker bus question??</a>:
    [QUOTE]The bus did not stop anywhere but the LV sign for us. This stop took a while because of the line to take pictures. For the rest of the trip, the bus drove up the strip, through the road that cuts through Fremont street, back down the strip, and then to the sign. It was neat to drive through downtown,<strong> but I agree with Smokey. If you've never been downtown, simply driving through will not do.</strong>
    Posted by ricekim[/QUOTE]

Indeed it won't.  You miss all the flavor when doing a drive by. 
    Bi-oh-rama

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_double-decker-bus-question-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:57cd7f41-a77e-4ffe-b969-32e79be3d774Post:458eb2a6-45d7-4301-ae6b-94867ac5df87">Re: Double Decker bus question??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know much about it but I can tell you that there is nothing to "see" on Fremont from a passing bus.  You have to get off to "see" it. And that's all I can add today.
    Posted by smokeybailey[/QUOTE]

This. But Bellagio is one of those that you can just do a drive by of.....just make sure it's on the hour
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards