Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Is It Stupid

I'm wondering how much of an idiot I would look like bar hopping with my bridesmaids, after the reception (if I even have one), in my wedding dress??

Re: Is It Stupid

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You wouldn't look silly if you were bar hopping in your wedding dress in Vegas! I'll be going dancing in mine. As far as bar hopping with your bridesmaids ... sorry if I ask you but, don't you want to be glued to your husband on your wedding day?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's a pretty common site to see newlywed's on the strip in Vegas, but similar to what wiwicaty mentioned, why would you get married and ditch your husband to go drinking?

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_stupid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:5c093872-c015-48bd-b40c-48ff48b17fe9Post:ad7db457-95c5-46f9-9b4b-a30664d6d24d">Re: Is It Stupid</a>:
    [QUOTE]You wouldn't look silly if you were bar hopping in your wedding dress in Vegas! I'll be going dancing in mine. As far as bar hopping with your bridesmaids ... sorry if I ask you but, don't you want to be glued to your husband on your wedding day?
    Posted by wiwicaty[/QUOTE]

I am wondering the same thing...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I saw a lot of newlyweds out and about in Vegas this summer. I wouldn't think it would be silly. My FI and I plan on going out with our friends post reception in our wedding clothes. :)

If I was at a club and saw a couple out and about I would cheer them on! :)
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hmm maybe she just mis-worded her post to omit her FH, or maybe after she married him she figures alright, I got him, time to go party:)

Totally kidding OP'er:)

• Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto everybody about the H thing. It wouldn't be weird at all, I've seen so many brides out and about on the strip.
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In the week that we were in Vegas, we counted 14 different brides that we saw in various places.  You'll be fine.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    kdj2011kdj2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm def planning to go out in my dress afterwards along w/ any of our guests who want to join us. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went gambling in my dress for a little while after my reception. It was great. I dont think its stupid. It was fun.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad I'm not a dork :-)

He'll be with us as and besides we have NEVER been apart in 5 years including child custody, concerts, work, etc. We're superglued...lmao

Thanks ladies for the feedback, I'm definately wearing the dress.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I planned on doing some gambling in my wedding dress after my wedd. Truth be told, we were exhausted. We laid in bed in our wedding clothes and opend our wedding gifts instead :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards