Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Wedding license

Hello!
We are 60 days away from the big day. Did anyone pre-register for their marriage license? I heard this is a good idea. How many days in advance did you get the actual license?

Thanks everyone

Re: Wedding license

• Options
    bcschumanbcschuman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I read somewhere that you should apply online 30 days before your wedding?  I am still three months out and think I read that on the Clark county website... saves some time because you can go to the "express" window vs. doing everything when you get there?  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wedding-license?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:5d943951-26e7-4748-b2c7-62f2f19c3168Post:058e1306-4060-4259-b102-2f4dbbb8b0cf">Wedding license</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! We are 60 days away from the big day. Did anyone pre-register for their marriage license? I heard this is a good idea. How many days in advance did you get the actual license? Thanks everyone
    Posted by tjw0630[/QUOTE]

I think you can pre-register up to 60 days in advance. You don't get the license until you get there.  Once you pre-register you get a confrimation number and you take that to the express window.  It's quick and painless :)

Check out this thread:

<a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_clarify-marriage-license-process">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_clarify-marriage-license-process</a>
    Anniversary
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The preregistering is a good idea, it saves time in line.  We picked up our license on a scouting trip, since I believe it's valid for up to a year.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely preregister. We were in and out in 10 minutes.  Just make sure you write down the receipt number.  From what I hear they will not look it up for you when you get there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We pre-registered for ours and there were only 2 people ahead of us in the express line about 2 weeks ago, so we waited less than 10 minutes.  The non-express line had about 15 couples in line..we went on a Monday around 4-5pm. 

Words of advice - make sure you take cash (we read this ahead of time and were prepared), it's $5 more if you pay with a debit or credit card.  Also, take a folder or large manilla envelope with you - I forgot to do so and it was really windy the day we went and I didn't want to fold the papers up and stuff them in my small purse, so I fought with them all the way back to the parking garage.
  • Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have also pre-registered. You can do it 60 days in advance.
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Definitely pre-register, we made the mistake of not doing it and had to wait about 2 hours in line. Not that bad, but still, we saw couples in the express line wait for 5 minutes! We also saw a couple register on their phone- move over to the express line and get out still before us! And we also made the mistake of using our debit card.. we were not smart that day!! :D

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards