Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

vegas venues you WOULDN'T recommend?

is there anywhere in vegas that you wouldn't recommend someone get married?

i noticed that a lot of the ladies here are using the same venues so i'm curious if there are venues with a bad rep that people are avoiding??

Re: vegas venues you WOULDN'T recommend?

• Options
    TwinsRibTwinsRib member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good question... I heard some less than savory reviews about Alexis Park, but not on this site...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't know about ceremonies but if your'e including reception/guest places to not stay, I've had a few bad experiences at Bally's for rooms I've stayed in, and I haven't stayed there but Luxor seemed kind of dirty/dingy just from when I went walking around checking the place out so it didn't inspire confidence that their rooms would be much different.  The last bad Bally's experience was two years ago so I don't know if they've done any remodeling since then.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have had a bad experience as just a customer at the Luxor...I wouldnt stay there again for sure...

but thats all I got..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i wasn't thrilled the last time i stayed at the Flamingo.  but i don't know anything about them in regards to weddings.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I stayed at rio one nite. it was outdated. I wouldn't recommend it! It has a good buffet though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Excalibur. The ceremony chapel is a little dated, and the service of the wedding coordinators wasn't great at all. I didn't receive the flowers that I paid for. My wedding photographer and husband heard them rehearsing what they were going to tell me...which irks me a little. Aside from that, if you are wanting a real hands-on wedding coordinator, I don't recommend, especially as you aren't assigned a specific coordinator (though they tell you that you are).

We were also given a room with our wedding package. The room had peeling wallpaper, etc. I had previously seen a bride say that a guest had a similar situation in their room, but didn't expect that with my bridal room. Luckily, we had reserved the Panorama Suite at PH or I'd probably have bust into tears if we were staying there all week. (The bathroom was nice and admittedly, some people have had nice rooms in the more-recently renovated areas..)

My brother and sister-in-law recently stayed at the Luxor where they have been renovating and liked it...My mom knows 2 people who got married at Alexis Park and it was recommended. I recently saw a positive review from another bride...and I haven't seen it in person. We gambled there and went to the Cris Angel show while in town for our wedding and I thought it was ok. Some areas of the hotel were more modern than others so maybe it depends on where you come in?
  • Options
    mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry...when I say we gambled there, I am talking about the Luxor again. My reply was a little disjointed.
  • Options
    11Vegas711Vegas7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not wedding related but I would never again stay at circus circus.

Jeff and I stayed at the Luxor last time we were in Vegas and had a great experience.  Wonderful staff everywhere---free upgrade to a "tower room" ....nothing bad to say except I have heard that the "pyramid rooms" (cheapest ones) are older and have water leakage....don't know from personal experience about that though!
  • Options
    MeShell1313MeShell1313 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm NEY but I like lurk on the Vegas boards b/c Bf and I are in Vegas every couple of months/ 4 times a year.
    We stay at Luxor almost every time we go. Yes, it is far down the strip. But we have always enjoyed the fact that it is still a "Vegas style" room.we usually stay ina pyramid room. Nothing fancy but i like going up the Inclinator. The pyramid spa suite is awesome but you do need to watch your head as the window is slanted. You do get a separated living-room with a minifridge with the spa suite. The tower room reminded me of any hotel room in any hotel
    Last spring,we crashed with BF's brother & GF at the MGM Grand. They we're staying in a 2Q basic room. The bed was the most comfy ever!!
    BF & me, along w/my BFF & her BF are staying @ Aria next month.Super excited fto see what the room is like there.

Edited b/c I spellchecked failed. Damn me and my drunk knotting
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would not recommend A Secret Garden.

I attended a wedding there a few years ago and it was dreadful.  The location itself is very nice, but hard to get to and totally lacking in adequate parking.  All I can really remember were how cheesy the officiant was and how bad the food tasted.  For days afterward, all that was talked about was the awful food and poor service.

I thought that if I ever got married, the last thing I wanted people to remember was if the food was bad!
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know much about wedding venues to avoid, but the buffet at the Flamingo was dreadful, and the Caesar's buffet was just average.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    BrideJackie11BrideJackie11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would not recommend the Venetian for a ceremony and reception because they won't allow you to use anyone but their vendors.  I am also biased because they looked at me like I was crazy when I said to the photographer rep that I want a photographer for 8 hours and couldn't give us an estimate as to how much that would be because it's "never been done before."
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    flyjawnflyjawn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_vegas-venues-wouldnt-recommend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:5d9c7c02-716a-40da-9e81-f3af5a71ee44Post:b094bce2-92d0-42ac-a163-0718755ca65d">Re: vegas venues you WOULDN'T recommend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would not recommend the Venetian for a ceremony and reception because they won't allow you to use anyone but their vendors.  I am also biased because they looked at me like I was crazy when I said to the photographer rep that I want a photographer for 8 hours and couldn't give us an estimate as to how much that would be because it's "never been done before."
    Posted by BrideJackie11[/QUOTE
    <div>
    </div><div>what? they didn't have an hourly rate available??  </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_vegas-venues-wouldnt-recommend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:5d9c7c02-716a-40da-9e81-f3af5a71ee44Post:e48b468d-405a-48be-b43a-5c25f2f60bd3">Re: vegas venues you WOULDN'T recommend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]what? they didn't have an hourly rate available??  
    Posted by flyjawn[/QUOTE]

Venetian is under total control by Cashman; you aren't even permitted to have your own photographer on the property, even in a private ballroom.  We figured we might be able to get away with it if we really tried but who wants to worry about whether Venetian is going to kick your $2k photographer off the property on your wedding day if they see them taking photos.

So with that in mind she started asking about pricing to have full day photos to cover getting ready through till the end of the reception and they had "never heard of that."  Then how much to have two photographers?  Never heard of that, let me call Cashman.  Basically every question resulted in another call, no one had any clue how much it would be, and then we determined that if we actually did have eight hours of Cashman photography at Venetian AND the DVD of all photos with copyright release, it would have been close to ten thousand dollars.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was married at Alexis Park in March and have no complaints at all. I worked with 2 different coordinators only because when I booked I started working with one but then she left and they set me with the person who took over and she was just as great if not better than the first. Her recommendations for a florist were awesome she really listened when I said I needed someone who'd work with my budget. The only negative I have is that they require for sound equipment you go through their preferred company and the person the company sent for my wedding sucked really bad and they had all the wrong music that was to be used during seating.. although that doesn't really reflect Alexis Park it just sucks that you had to use them. Though that was just my experience with Alexis Park and the sucky DJ I am sure everyone has had a different experience
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards