Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Help! Need advice for resturant

Hi there, never posted here before but was hoping that there would be some people here that could give me some advice. i am getting married IN Vegas at the end of Oct and need to find a resturant that would be good to have dinner at after the ceremony. There will be about 25 to 30 people and I need to try to keep the total cost of dinner below $1600. So far this has sounded easier then it seems. I want somewhere nice to but not horribly expensive as my parents are paying. Also I have looked into Maggiano's since that was recommended to me but they are booked for the night. Any ideas would be sooo helpful. Thanks!
 Jennie

Re: Help! Need advice for resturant

• Options
    lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know some other brides have used Trevi or Canaletto...both Italian restaurants as well.  Might try contacting them?  

Also, a buffet somewhere could be great.  I don't think many of them do private rooms, but you could request to be seated all together.  Nothing says Vegas like celebrating with a buffet. ;)
  • Options
    MizLynnMizLynn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, Joe's Seafood and Steak at Ceasars is nice too. It was my #1 choice while I was planning and considering getting married at Caesar's, but I ultimately went with Maggiano's when I changed my ceremony venue to the Wynn.

Also down at that end of the strip is Grand Lux. If I recall correctly, I think past brides have said that the one at the Palazzo has a private area. You'd have to call and inquire about prices though.

Another one I heard that's had good reviews has been Lawry's. But I think that one is off-strip. At any rate, there are a few to get you started.

HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The Paris buffet has cute private rooms that would definitely seat 25-30. There's a rental fee for the room (I want to say around $300??) and then the dinner buffet is under $30 per person.

Serendipity 3 at Caesar's is also an interesting place; it has a fun and casual vibe. When I looked, they had options starting around $30 per person.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We did a buffet at the Wicked Spoon Buffet at the Cosmopolitan the night before the wedding, for 35 people it came to just over $1300 (some people got alcoholic drinks). The food was amazing - all the guests loved it - and while we didn't have a private room, we were in the back away from everyone else at 2 long tables. Maureen Chin is the one to email - she's awesome to work with - Maureen.Chin@cosmopolitanlasvegas.com ... with tax/tip it works out to $35ish/person.
  • Options
    csusunshinecsusunshine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is a little off strip but I HIGHLY reccomend Lawry's. The food was amazing and the service was top notch.
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Contact any restaurant you are interested in and ask about a prix fixe menu for your group.  You will be surprised at what you might be able to do ESPECIALLY if you do a Sunday-Thursday dinner.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Look into Maggiano's! I feel like there prices are extremely reasonable for everything you get. Plus the food is AMAZING!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_need-advice-resturant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:5f5ab799-6ed3-468d-83da-c693348578faPost:27324680-86da-45b8-914c-dd640f98033c">Re: Help! Need advice for resturant</a>:
    [QUOTE]Look into Maggiano's! I feel like there prices are extremely reasonable for everything you get. Plus the food is AMAZING!
    Posted by BeautifulDisaster2806[/QUOTE]
    Her OP said that Maggiano's is already booked for her date.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    Firerose20Firerose20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Sorry it has taken so long to respond back to you all. Thanks for all the recommendations. Found a resturant that is more then willing to work with us. So that is one more thing off my to do list that I can check off. Thanks again.

Jennie

• Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_need-advice-resturant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:5f5ab799-6ed3-468d-83da-c693348578faPost:8eb0a5a6-3ea9-4ce3-8721-74c7a8e11c08">Re: Help! Need advice for resturant</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry it has taken so long to respond back to you all. Thanks for all the recommendations. Found a resturant that is more then willing to work with us. So that is one more thing off my to do list that I can check off. Thanks again. Jennie
    Posted by Firerose20[/QUOTE]
    Who did you end up going with?  This info could help other brides in your situation.  Glad you found something!
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    Firerose20Firerose20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ended up going with Canaletto at the Venetian hotel. So far they have been awsome to deal with. More then willing to deal with some special requests like having a different dessert then the one on the pre fixed menu for no extra cost which is great. Now to do invites... :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards