Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

**Junebug**

Congrats again!  After I saw your honeymoon pics, it's really making me look into it for our HM.  As of now we plan to go to Maui, but the place you went looks pretty tempting!  And FI thinks all inclusive will be easier, which it would and I've done it before, but sometimes food can not be the greatest for A/I's, especially in Mexico.  What was your opinion of the food?

Also, what kind of room did you get?  Was it one of the swim outs?  Any info you want to share would be appreciated!

TIA!!

Re: **Junebug**

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The secrets resort was AMAZING. and the food....GREAT!! Thats why I wanted to review it...everyone should go there on their HM. We were spoiled rotten. We didnt even spend that much on the flight & room package...but sooo worth the money. The restaurants were all good...especially the breakfast buffet!! And yes we had a swim out room...not preferred though. Before we left H and I decided we are going back with his parents as a Xmas gift to them becasue we enjoyed it so much. It was also nice that it was only a 3hour flight from CHI and on the same time.

When we got to the resort, they took our bags, checked us in and we were wandering the resort within 5 minutes. All food and drinks included, including room service and mini fridge. Everyday (actually 2x a day) they stock the minifridge with water, juice and coronas. Turn down service every night. And the resort was beauitful. I would 100% recommend!!!
  • Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I had the same experience at Secrets Silversands, which is about 20 mins away from Junebug's resort.

8 all-inclusive gourmet restaurants, ADULT ONLY (definitely makes a big difference!), premium liquor included!

Secrets Silversands is newer and more modern than Secrets Maroma, but the beach is not as nice. If you want a younger vibe though, eight amazing swimming pools and a beach-front jacuzzi then it is definitely worth looking into!

www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks you guys! This info is definitely helpful! This whole time we always thought we were going to do Hawaii but now we are probably going to look into these other options, ahh decisions decisions and you know how I am with those;) Maybe I'll just have FI make the final call, however, if it was up to him he'd probably go somewhere even cheaper than these places, then again that would require him to research, so I should be safe.

Thanks again!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would love to go to an AI in Mexico. Would it be weird to post the average cost or PM me if you feel more comfortable? Everyone always says how affordable it is and I always wonder and can never seem to get the right info from the websites. H is so biased of Mexico though since he has family that lives on the border and thinks it is so gross though, but he does not understand that not everywhere is like that. And I would really really love to go zip lining and to the ruins.
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Junebug and Gribbles - Another question for you guys.  How is the nightlife at both these places?  Like is there at least one bar open past 10?.  When we stayed at a nice hotel in Hawaii, everything was dead at 10 which kinda sucked if we wanted to have a few drinks after dinner/music etc.

I stayed at a nice place in Riviera Maya (El Dorado Royale), and it was definitely a couples place but they had one bar open late, we called it the Swingers bar as it had swings, clever I know;) It was nice to have it though if we didn't want to go to bed right away.

**Edit - Jenny - Do you remember which room you guys had specifically, which number?  We don't need to do the preferred thing either, and yours looked like it was sorta private for the swim out which is nice.  Thanks again!

TIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards