Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

BEWARE of MORE fees!!

I just read this on Vegas chatter. MGM has an option to checkin early/checkout late FOR A FEE!! There's already a resort fee, what's next, a fee to flush the toilet? Question is, which MGM property will follow?

http://www.vegaschatter.com/story/2011/5/10/112154/791/vegas-travel/Mlife_Comps_No_Resort_Fees_

The article starts positive with not charging resort fees, but it's only for comped rooms. Then it points out the extra fees.

Re: BEWARE of MORE fees!!

• Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most hotels actually charge that fee for early check/late check out, although sometimes you can find deals online where it's already included. 
  • Options
    jccswljccswl member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_beware-of-fees?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:6121c3c2-f3ae-4d8b-8d8d-81c55a4f7b46Post:37d73144-bd38-4b03-a3ea-90a798c9119a">Re: BEWARE of MORE fees!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Most hotels actually charge that fee for early check/late check out, although sometimes you can find deals online where it's already included. 
    Posted by kara811[/QUOTE]

Yea, you're right. I guess I like that more than not you can get the fee waived at the discretion of the hotel, esp., the early check in.  Now it seems like you can't get away with avoiding these fees like the good ole days of just asking if you checkin/checkout.
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

ugh I've never had that happen at a hotel!!! crazy.  Not surprsing though.

• Options
    edited December 2011

I stayed at Signature (by MGM Grand) recently and they let us check out 30 minutes later without charging a fee.

Until the first full year of being one! Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is one thing I have learned about Vegas...  They sure do love their additional fees!!  Hotels, cabs, airlines flying there...  It's crazy!
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_beware-of-fees?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:6121c3c2-f3ae-4d8b-8d8d-81c55a4f7b46Post:6fceaf70-4a9a-4ab9-95f5-cf3f42dc3cd1">Re: BEWARE of MORE fees!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We paid $100 at the Wynn for a 5pm check out.  I didn't think twice about paying for it.
    Posted by smokeybailey[/QUOTE]
    Ditto.  Did that at the Palazzo one time.  SOOOOOO worth it when you don't have a flight until the afternoon and partied all night before...
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would be happy to pay to check out late if it was reasonable; many hotels can get booked solid if there's a convention in town so they're basically taking a fee as a gamble on some incoming guests arriving late and them being able to turn the room over later.  They probably have some statistician who came up with a forumla of just how much to make the late checkout fee that not too many people would go for it that they'd risk not having rooms for people who are chekcing in at the normal check-in time.

The resort fees piss me off to no end; Mandalay keeps raising theirs and it's complete b/s.  You get a daily paper, you can print your boarding pass, pool access, internet access.  Okay, yeah, I go to Vegas to sit in my room and read the paper and look at websites.  Of course you don't get access to the fitness room, that's still extra.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We paid $100 at the Wynn for a 5pm check out.  I didn't think twice about paying for it.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards