Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Firefly at Feemont Street for Meet and Greet?

what do you guys think - I know there's one bride who had her reception here and she sounded happy...but do you think people will resent two off strip venues? 

my wedding is also off strip but we are planning on providing party buses but i didn't want to do this for the meet and greet.

Re: Firefly at Feemont Street for Meet and Greet?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Where are most of your guests staying? I've never been to firefly, but downtown can be pretty fun. Also, it depends on the age range of your guests. For example, my dad/uncles/aunts love downtown and usually decide to stay there, while my friends usually want to stay on the strip.

But to answer your question, no I don't think it is bad to have 2 events off strip especially if you are providing transportation. You could always have your family/friends stay downtown, so really one 1 event (your wedding) they have to travel for.
  • Options
    wildstylewildstyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!  I do think most folks will be staying on the strip but i love Freemont street, and was thinking most guests might not even go and miss out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If I were a guest at a wedding, I would definitely make the effort to go! Plus if you have it early enough or late enough, so your guests can see the lightshow-- I think it would be extra special.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's bad, especially if you're providing transportation for one of them. Fremont is a fairly quick, cheap cab-ride.

We had two off-Strip venues too (Gordon Biersch for our meet and greet and Andre's downtown for our reception), and we didn't hear a complaint about either.

HTH!
  • Options
    guamibearguamibear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Firefly is supposed to be great! My friend lives in Vegas and raves about the food. I tried to go there when we were in town, but they were having some red carpet event and it was closed to the public. I got to go inside though, really great atmosphere for the meet and greet!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://lasvegas.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_firefly-feemont-street-meet-greet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:645bb9e2-9027-400a-8df1-ed5f9b381dd4Post:5e47e403-93a4-4964-8521-e04c0afe9b05">Firefly at Feemont Street for Meet and Greet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]what do you guys think - <strong>I know there's one bride who had her reception here and she sounded happy</strong>...but do you think people will resent two off strip venues?  my wedding is also off strip but we are planning on providing party buses but i didn't want to do this for the meet and greet.
    Posted by wildstyle[/QUOTE]

That was me! I really don't think it's a problem to have two off-strip events... we had our meet and greet and reception off-strip, and it wasn't an issue at all! At the very least, I think your guests would appreciate the chance to see downtown and freemont.

good luck!
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think it's a great idea to give your guests a reason to visit Downtown - I definitely think that a lot of people staying on the strip never end up getting there, which is too bad because it's so much fun!  Stayed there two weekends ago and ate at Firefly while we were there, you definitely can't go wrong with their food!

Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a Vegas local and Firefly is one of my favorite restaurants in town, I'm going there tonight actually. It has great food, great prices and a fun atmosphere. Their sangria is awesome! I've never been to the one downtown, but the Fremont Street experience (the light show) is something that I always recommend for out of town guests to do, so I think it's a good idea!
  • Options
    wildstylewildstyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks knotties!  We've decided to move ahead with this plan - YAY!!!

I'll drink some sangria for all of you!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards