Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

How would i word this on the invite?

Ok, So we are getting married at the MGM, and plan on having cake and champagne in our suite that evening for our guests. On the invitations we will note that there will be cake and champagne, but how do we explain the location, as we do not know which suite # we are in until we check in? By word of mouth? I spoke to the concierge and they will not release the information to our guests, they said that would be against their policy. Thanks
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How would i word this on the invite?

• Options
    jccswljccswl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say something like, "to be announced after the ceremony." I'd make someone (like Best Man or MOH) the point person to make the announcement  and if they feel comfortable to give out their cell # in case your guests need more info.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How about just saying "In-suite reception to follow (or time)" or "In-suite cake and champagne reception" if you want to be specific.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having an insuite reception as welll and after the ceremony we are going to have someone announce it.  I made programs so I might hand out info on the suite with the programs but I would need to find a printer somewhere at the MGM so I'm not sure how that's going to work out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We also won't know the location of our suite (Planet Hollywood) until close to the wedding, and invitations are going out within the next week. My WC said that they usually meet the group outside the chapel and lead them up to the suite to limit confusion.

We just put "In-suite reception to follow" at the bottom of the invitations and plan to hand out or announce additional information at/after the ceremony.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours just says "cocktail reception to follow."  We actually have a couple of other pre-ceremony events taking place in the suite, so we've yet to figure out how we're getting guests the information; we may just call everyone.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTIONS!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards