Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Card Box and Gifts?

CoolCan anyone help with ideas for a card box that I can pack in a suitcase for my in-suite reception? What did you all do?

Did you receive any physical gifts, or just mainly cards?

Thanks!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Card Box and Gifts?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I went and bought a round box from Michael's (craft store), cut a slit in the top, and wrapped the whole thing in pretty paper. I wrapped the top and the bottom separately, so I could leave it open in my suitcase and pack things inside of it to save room. I think on the way to Vegas it held placecards and socks :)

ETA: Oh and also, we didn't receive ANY physical gifts, except for a hummingbird ring from my dad's crazy aunt. I was surprised, because we had about 20 people drive from various parts of the country.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We received only cards.

I like Natrasha's idea. We ended up stopping at Hobby Lobby in Vegas (technically, Henderson, I think) while we were out running errands and bought a birdcage for our cardbox.
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    We only received gift cards. People mailed physical gifts to our house before and after the wedding.

I made my card box before we left for Vegas, we had a friend that was driving so she took the cardbox, jumping broom and centerpieces with her, otherwise I would have shipped them.
  • Options
    jbeisenjbeisen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They have collapsable card boxes at michaels, I decorated it so it was a little fancier.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad to know I could get a card box at Michael's!  I will get on that this week.  Thanks for the tip!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards