Nevada-Las Vegas

Bride and Groom lost reception venue need ideas

Hi girls, so I get an email from a girl I know who was in my premarital class through our church here in Las Vegas. She is getting married on 10-22-11 and she had her reception hall booked and the company closed weeks ago without telling her and she may or may not get her money back. (company was called "The Venue") I am trying to see if anyone has any suggestions for a large reception hall that can accomodate a lot of people at a cheap price. Any suggestions would be wonderful. Thank you
CafeMom Tickers

Re: Bride and Groom lost reception venue need ideas

• direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We definitely would need to know what the couple's definition of large number of people and cheap price are. Sounds like an awful situation.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• ChrisG83ChrisG83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I believe its going to be around 100 people and had paid $1,000 for the reception hall. So somewhere around there. I was looking online and having a hard time finding places for that budget. TIA
    CafeMom Tickers
  • smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is the plan for F&B?  At the Golden Nugget, we have a huge ballroom for a minimum of $5625 which is just $56 a head for 100 people.  You don't pay for the venue, you pay for the F&B and get the venue free.

So they paid $1000 ONLY for use of the hall?  There are many places where the venue is free if you meet the min
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• edited December 2011
    Are 100 people invited or actually going? I spoke with the Orleans, and they said they'd let me have a room for free if we got catering. The plan I wanted was $35 per person for dinner. They have tons of meeting rooms, so call the banquet department if you decide to ask them. I think they have some rooms that will fit 100 or more, but they might not be flashy. They told me the Stardust Suite was the best room for a wedding reception, but they said it would be cramped with 100 and 85 would be more comfortable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Orleans has a minimum of $3500 for use of the room.  There are some Orleans brides on here so find out what they actally got for the $3500.  You may need to spend more to feed and water 85-100 guests.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards