Nevada-Las Vegas

WWYD?

Hey, all - I know I've been talking about hotels a lot lately, but that's the next thing on our checklist. 

Right now, we have the option of staying at THEhotel in Mandalay Bay (where we've stayed before) or Signature at MGM Grand.  We'd get a nice discount on THEhotel, since we're getting married there.  However, if we go with Signature, we'd have a refrigerator and can save costs by getting groceries when we get to town.  That factor would make the costs of both about equal...

What would you do?

Re: WWYD?

• joyfultodayjoyfultoday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'd stay at THEhotel because i like it over the MGM.

have you stayed at the MGM before?  If not, maybe you want to try something new?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wwyd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:6cef56d8-19e0-491f-8fc4-bebfb2d566f2Post:b06479cd-b93f-405f-874f-b926eeaaf20f">Re: WWYD?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i'd stay at THEhotel because i like it over the MGM. have you stayed at the MGM before?  If not, maybe you want to try something new?
    Posted by joyfultoday[/QUOTE]

I've stayed at MGM 6 times, just never the Signature.  I don't mind MGM at all, personally.  We just want a comfortable, clean room with a huge soaking tub for after the wedding day :)
  • edited December 2011
    I like the Signature but if the Hotel is cheaper then I would stay there.
    Until the first full year of being one! Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Signature :)
    Anniversary
  • wildstylewildstyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I vote for theHotel - mainly b/c I can't imagine having time to worry about groceries when you get there - but I'm very lazy and I'm all about convenience (the whole reason I liked the Vegas wedding to begin with).
  • edited December 2011
    Just FYI, you can have THEHotel bring a fridge to your room for $25/night.  It's not a big one but if you combine it with the one that should already be in the bar you've got two mini fridges. 

If you dont have relatives, etc. staying at thehotel though I guess it's just one cab or limo ride after the wedding and then you don't have to go back so either way; but if you've got people staying there that you'd have to travel back and forth for I'd 100% stay in the same location as them.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• MeatAuditorMeatAuditor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd only go for MGM if you're really sure you'll do the whole grocery and cooking thing.  MGM Sig has full kitchens (at least the one I was in).  Both places are very nice.

If you do decide on MGM and groceries, I highly suggest renting a car instead of doing cabs the whole time.  Not sure if you were planning on that or not, but thought I'd mention it just in case.
    imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wwyd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:6cef56d8-19e0-491f-8fc4-bebfb2d566f2Post:619c6c6c-b6a7-4bc5-98c6-4660a740603f">Re: WWYD?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I vote for theHotel - mainly b/c I can't imagine having time to worry about groceries when you get there - but I'm very lazy and I'm all about convenience (the whole reason I liked the Vegas wedding to begin with).
    Posted by wildstyle[/QUOTE]<div>
    ^This + the whole cab/driving back and forth issue - I'm lazy and would want the ease of making as few trips as possible.  </div><div>
    </div><div>I will have a full fridge in my hotel and I know even with the best intentions, I will still wind up going out to eat rather than bringing my own food.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVED Thehotel. Can you call housekeeping and have them remove all of the items in the mini bar so you can use the fridge? Just a thought..
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, guys!  We were planning to rent a car either way for the few days before the wedding - to pick up tuxes, get our marriage license, get my dress steamed, visit Maggiano's possibly, etc.  I can get a great deal on car rentals, and it's about the same price as taking cabs everywhere.  If we go with Signature, we'd probably pick up groceries the same time we run all those errands.  Yeah, it might be a pain in the butt to cook and shop, but I don't love spending $10 for a muffin and coffee at Starbucks!  Especially since we're planning to stay 7 nights.

Our guests haven't picked where they're staying yet, but some have scoffed a bit about rates at MB.  I think even if we stay there, some will opt for cheaper hotels.  Thanks for the note about the fridge, VG!  That's awesome.
  • BrideJackie11BrideJackie11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wwyd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:6cef56d8-19e0-491f-8fc4-bebfb2d566f2Post:1fce3625-9d39-48e2-afca-4593d5b74e8a">Re: WWYD?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I LOVED Thehotel. Can you call housekeeping and have them remove all of the items in the mini bar so you can use the fridge? Just a thought..
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

I tried that but they wouldn't empty it.  That is when we found out about the 25$ per night refridgerator.  It worked out fine.  You just don't want to forget to call them and tell them to pick it up.  Otherwise, they will charge you for each additional night.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards