Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Processional Order

What are you ladies doing for your processional at the ceremony - specifically regarding parents, etc? 

My dad will be walking me down the aisle, so that's set. However, I'm trying to figure out what to do with the mother of the bride & groom. Should they be walked down the aisle by someone? Also, my grandmother will be attending... so maybe she should go down the aisle as well.

This will be a very small wedding (less than 30 people) so I don't want to make a BIG to do about it... just trying to get some opinions on what you ladies are doing. :)

Re: Processional Order

• Options
    edited December 2011

Good question, I was talking to my FMIL about this a few weeks ago. Both of our fathers and most of our grandparents are deceased (my living grandmother is in a nursing home and doesn't travel).  My mom is walking me down the aisle and either FI or FI's brother (the best man) is walking his mom down the aisle. My FMIL was very excited about this.  Another reason we like this idea is because we have an uneven WP and that kind of balances things out.

You could maybe have one of the groomsmen walk your grandmother? As far as the mothers, maybe you could just have a family friend walk them down and then they take their seats?

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ebonyivory!  I was considering having FI walk his mom down the aisle as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For our wedding, FIL walked his mother down the aisle and then both mom's walked in together and Dad walked me down the aisle.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We didn't have much of a processional.  The groom and his groomsmen were already at the front.  My mom didn't walk down the aisle she was already seated at the front.  My girls went first followed by my Dad walking me down the aisle.  I had my mom stand up for the who gives this woman part to say "we do" and she was happy with that.
  • Options
    BrideJackie11BrideJackie11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

My brother (who may be one of the GM as well) will probably walk my mom down the aisle.  I haven't figured out what to do with my Grandmother but I'm thinking a GM could walk her down.  VG's mom, we haven't discussed who will walk her down, but I would think we could have another GM do it.  This would leave VG (the groom) and the best man, who could both come in with the officiant at the front.
    I think you could do it however you want to. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards