Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

***EstherS37****

Hey! I was just reading your post about the Vista and I wanted to add something. I know it's great to get in the room early to set up, but, if you are over budget...like I was getting...... It can work to move into the room the day of. NO it's not easy, but it can be done. When we checked in we asked to be put on the same floor as our Vista suite, the next morning I called down and had them do late check out (no extra charge) and the guys checked us into the room about 2pm, and started to set up. I am not sure what time your wedding is, but if you are having a later reception like I did (Ceremony 6pm, Reception 7:30pm) it can be done. Just wanted to tell you this. Good luck :)
2011-2012 Races
10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
Me:32 DH:33
IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)

Re: ***EstherS37****

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you Stinkerbell.  I have booked it for the night before just now, on the basis that I can cancel up to 48hrs before.  We are in a different position as we're in Vegas for 2 weeks on a package holiday.  Our hotel is the Excalibur so, if we don't do the Vista the night before, we will be at the Excalibur the night before.  That means we have to get from Excalibur to MB to checkin but we won't be needing to check out of Excalibur so at least we don't need to worry about hanging around 'homeless'.

Our wedding is 6pm at the Flamingo (I know too many hotels in one day!!) FI has said he will go to MB to do the check-in at 2/3pm & his sister will help him 'set-up' the Vista Suite.  But that means the first time I will see the room will be after the ceremony when everyone else will aready be there.  We've only got a small group but I think I'd cry if I walked in and I didn't like how it was looking.
    So I've got 3 options:
    1) - Go overbudget and stay in MB night before
    2) - Don't stay the night before, get partially ready in Excalibur and then move to Vista to set-up and put dress on 
    3) - Don't stay the night before, get ready in Exalibur & go straight to ceremony - trusting FI & his sister to set it all up......

The worst thing is that the night before is $120 more that the wedding night we booked - so everything is just getting more and more expensive!!

Lol - sorry for the long rant - am starting to find this wedding malarky a bit stressful!!! 
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Daisypath Anniversary tickers Click Here for our Planning Webpage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Humm.... Try and take a deep breath and it will all work out! Now.... I would suggest maybe staying at the Flamingo the night before or MB. In my opinion, you are going to get overwhelmed with all of that travel back and forth. Is that an option? What type of package deal (if you don't mind sharing)?
    2011-2012 Races
  • Options
    edited December 2011

[[[[ breath in, breath out ]]]]  ;-)
    I'm coming from the UK so using a tour operator who books your flights, car hire and hotel for your full stay (same hotel for the whole time).  It wasn't my preferred option, but just as we were booking, all the flights in the UK were grounded due to Volcanic Ash in the sky.  We discovered that this could happen again, without warning, for the next 2yrs (!!) so booking a full package with a tour operator was, financially, the safest way for us to go. 
    I had thought of staying at the Flamingo the night before but I don't get married till 6pm so will still need to check out the Flamingo (with clothes/make-up etc) - and I don't fancy hanging around in my full bridal outfit for a few hours between checking out and going to the ceremony site.
    Sorry I think I'm just starting to panic cos we're getting close and still seem to be quite vague on what we're doing. We thought we would do a Vegas wedding to save us the hassle (and money) of doing a wedding at home.  But it seems to be costing us more in both areas - but the difference is we're only having 11 people with us in Vegas, instead of 100 at home.
    I'm sure it will turn out ok though....
    Thanks for taking the time to read and try to help!

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Daisypath Anniversary tickers Click Here for our Planning Webpage
  • Options
    edited December 2011

How about something like Stinkerbell did - get a regular room on the same floor as your Vista Suite for the night before? That would save you time, and hassle. Then maybe they would allow you an early check into the suite.

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well...humm....It seems that to ease the stress of it you might have to go ahead and have the Vista the night before or have faith that your FI & his sister can handle it, which to be honest....is what I would do if your worried about budget. Also...I saw the room  as I was leaving to go to the chapel and had let all of the guys (with help of my mom and BFF) set things up. Was everything perfect. NOPE. But by that point I was so tired of stressing that I did not care about anything except getting Married. It is a beautiful room that does not need much! You have a great view and honestly nobody noticed anything but the View and the Cake. lol.
    2011-2012 Races
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This was the view from our room....

2011-2012 Races
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards