Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

recessional songs

So I think I've figured out our processional music, and the music I will walk down the aisle to, but I can't figure out what song to walk back down the aisle to.

Oh an my WC emailed me today to remind me about the paperwork, so I feel the presure to get the details done.

What song are you guys working?

Re: recessional songs

• Options
    kikibabykikibaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using "A Little Less Conversation" for our recessional.  I thought it would be cool to do something more fun for that part.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm contemplating using "I Got A Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas. I just thought it would be a fun thing to do. Not set on it yet though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hopeless Romantic by the Bouncing Souls...not traditional whatsoever!!
  • Options
    kaburns1214kaburns1214 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI wants Miley Cyrus "Party in the USA" -- we're still disucssing but we want to do something fun.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for asking this!  I just got the paperwork e-mail reminder myself and the one thing I'm struggling with is the music.  We want something different and fun...I like the "a little less conversation" idea...very cute!
  • Options
    Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1980 - Rehab, we've known each other for a long time and this is a fun song
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing really traditional processional and recessional songs.  Recessional will be the Wedding March done by a string trio.
  • Options
    sagi122sagi122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm considering "Forever" by Chris Brown..
    BFP: 1/11/11, Large Cystic Hygroma & heart defect, Lost baby on 3/30/11 at 16w 4d.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    "Jackson" by Johnny Cash & June Carter Cash. The first line goes, "We got married in a fever, hotter than a pepper sprout." We've always been Johnny Cash fans and would dance to this song in our living room all the time.

Still finalizing processional songs though....ugh! I think I'm walking down to "Collide" by Howie Day.
  • Options
    keana123keana123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://lasvegas.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_recessional-songs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:75676442-d095-4dac-aba7-1cef72f04984Post:95f28d75-aff3-43ad-be88-2925c60db1b2">Re: recessional songs</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm contemplating using "I Got A Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas. I just thought it would be a fun thing to do. Not set on it yet though.
    Posted by lizziebethg[/QUOTE]
    I love this idea!
  • Options
    MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_recessional-songs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:75676442-d095-4dac-aba7-1cef72f04984Post:95f28d75-aff3-43ad-be88-2925c60db1b2">Re: recessional songs</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm contemplating using "I Got A Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas. I just thought it would be a fun thing to do. Not set on it yet though.
    Posted by lizziebethg[/QUOTE]

I have been thinking about using this too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're going with "I Gotta a Feeling" Black eyed peas - fun song we can dance down the ailse to.
  • Options
    atlcatloveratlcatlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Beautiful Day by U2.
  • Options
    ShaunaCookShaunaCook member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH walked down to the star wars theme, i walked down to broken road by rascal flatts, and we walked back together to viva las vegas!  cheesy, but fitting!
  • Options
    kazzykazzy member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Hold My Hand by Akon and Michael Jackson.

Ironically, we're a totally non romantic couple who are more into partying, so I think the choice of a love song from MJ will get some people teary eyed, as they won't be expecting it. Plus we're huge MJ fans and our venue is a few blocks away from one of the house he lived in when he was living in Vegas. AND the first time I did a site visit, the song came on the radio when I was in the parking lot.

"Cause I been there before and you've been there before,
    But together we can be alright.
    Cause when it gets dark and when it gets cold we hold
    Each other till we see the sunlight."

HELLO GOOSEBUMPS!!!!
    !

// Little Vegas Wedding blog - click for modern Vegas wedding inspiration, ideas and venues! //
    // Springs Preserve + Border Grill bride, May 2010 //

• Options
    cinegradcinegrad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm with Olivea...we're too old school for anything adventurous like these selections.  We're just going with the Wedding March (although I do think I like that "Beautiful Day" by U2 suggestion...).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're going with Let's Go Crazy by Prince.
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "Learn to Fly" by Foo Fighters, as performed by Vitamin String Quartet.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are considering "Signed Sealed Delivered" by Stevie Wonder . Not sure though. Think it's cute....and I like being original and taking people by surprise. : ) We would walk up to traditional music though.

: ) Lindsay
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards